SOLVED - How to connect Prudential Retirement 401k account to Quicken

JamesSlade
JamesSlade Member ✭✭
Quicken Prudential 401k login issues SOLVED

For a long time I have reported difficulty setting up a connection to Prudential Retirement. There have been no definitive answers on how to do this...Here is how:

-- Login User ID: needs to be your whole social security number (without dashes), not your website login or anything else

-- Password: your Prudential Website login password

-- Account Number: Enter the Account Number as follows: ######X000000X####.
The account number consists of the plan # followed by a capital X, the subplan # followed by a capital X (if there is no subplan, use 000000), then the last 4 digits of the account owner’s social security number

This works!

Comments

• Joe Fiore
    Joe Fiore Member
    edited July 2021
    Trying to connect Quicken to Prudential Retirement, No luck - I have Windows and tried various recommendations over the years. Seems like Prudential points finger at Quicken. Is there a fix yet?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Joe Fiore

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running. 

Are you receiving any error messages or error codes when attempting to update?  The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Joe Fiore
    Joe Fiore Member
    I have Windows 10 Home version R23.22 with all current updates. Message received OL-304-A Financial Institution does not recognize the account
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Joe Fiore,
    Joe Fiore said:
    I have Windows 10 Home version R23.22 with all current updates. 
    To clarify; did you mean "R33.22", or is R23.22 the current release you have running?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Joe Fiore
    Joe Fiore Member
    R33.22 is the latest release I have
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓
    Joe Fiore said:
    I have Windows 10 Home version R23.22 with all current updates. Message received OL-304-A Financial Institution does not recognize the account
    The OL-304-A error code is sometimes an indication that something is wrong with the login information entered during Add Account so the FI does not recognize the login attempt. 
    I was involved in a Prudential 401k thread from last Dec that you might want to review:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20181773#Comment_20181773.  About halfway down that thread is a post by @jerm324 where he says the Quicken setup instructions on the Prudential website are not correct.  He says that the Customer ID entered into Quicken during Add Account needs to be your SS number (no dashes), not your Prudential website login ID.  Two others posted after that saying that was the solution for them.
    Why don't you try it and let us know if that fixes the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• scottpeele
    scottpeele Member
    I, too, am having issues with this. I have tried deleting and re-entering the account, changing the user name to my SSN without the dashes. Nothing is working for this account. I have version 33.24, build 27.1.33.24
  • DDChes
    DDChes Member ✭✭
    The Prudential instructions are wrong, which is incredible to believe, but they are.
    Change your username (just within Quicken sign on) from your email to your full SSN, and it will work. I tried different things for 2 yrs with no luck. Problem solved after I did that.
    Username - Full SSN (no dashes, just numbers) (Do not use your username for the site, use your SSN)
    Password - Website Login Password
    Account number is - acountnumberXsubplannumberXlastfourofSSN
  • System
    System Member admin
    edited July 2021
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to Download Prudential Retirement Account Info into Quicken 2020.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tnx for sharing..... also [EDIT] updated the topic title to better reflect providing an answer

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Pierce MD
    Pierce MD Member
    This boggles my mind! Many have been trying for years to get Pru into quicken. Why do the instructions still ask for login user ID?
  • qknfloridaguy
    qknfloridaguy Member ✭✭
    I can not even find Prudential when typing it in, it's not an option for me at all. How di you find it among the list?
  • Praise Baby Jesus and JamesSlade! You must have spent hours on hold to get the fix!!!
  • VSH
    VSH Member
    Amazing Find!!! I have spent hours over the past years, even yesterday with Quicken Help. They had no clue on this error. Do you think they should have some database of problems and solutions from their own Discussion website? They said call Prudential after about 30 minutes of trying. As simple as replacing your UserID with your SS#. Freaking amazing.......
  • espinosa1787
    espinosa1787 Member ✭✭
    @JamesSlade Thank you for taking the time to post this. I got tripped up on both the username and account number. You saved my weekend!

Just to re-state the username is the Soc number without dashes

The account number format is
    <Plan Number>X<Sub Plan Number>X<last 4 of soc>

Plan number then Capital X
    Sub plan number then capital X
    last 4 of Soc number

123123X123123X1234
  • Gary C
    Gary C Member ✭✭
    @JamesSlade Thank you!! I've been struggling with this for years. How hard would it have been for Prudential to post the correct instructions for the Quicken setup? And how many complaints have they ignored. Thanks again.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gary C, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. Pardon the frustration this issue has caused. If you come across any errors or have questions please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Stephen Fox
    Stephen Fox Member ✭✭
    Prudential was working for me (using the account number scheme mentioned above) ... no issues for the last couple of years ... but stopped working 3 days ago ...
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Prudential had some maintenance on their site the past few days.  You might want to try downloading again.  
This discussion has been closed.