Enter no longer works to start reconciliation

I used to be able to tab through the fields then hit enter to start the reconciliation.  For a few months now that has stopped working.

I'm running Quicken Premier vR33.24 build 27.1.33.24 on Windows 10 Home v20H2 build 19042.1083.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Chris_QPW said:
    What is happening then?
    Error message?

No, nothing happens.  I used to be able to enter the statement date, enter the ending balance, then hit enter.
    After entering the ending balance, you should hit tab twice, then Enter.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I notice that the Ending statement date isn't filled in, that is required.  Is that what is stopping it, like this?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I notice that the Ending statement date isn't filled in, that is required.  Is that what is stopping it, like this?

No, I just didn't fill everything out for the screenshot.

Thanks.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is happening then?
    Error message?
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it may be worth, I'm able to tab through to the OK and hit Enter to launch the reconciliation.  Quicken Premier vR33.24 build 27.1.33.24 on Windows 10 Home v21H1 build 19043.1052

Note: The dotted box indicating the current position on the OK button.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you normally (previously) using a Paper statement to reconcile?  Or the "Online Balance"?
    Because to simply "tab through" you'd need to be using Online, as Paper requires the date of the paper statement.
    Your "tab through" and "just didn't fill everything out" statements conflict with each other.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    What is happening then?
    Error message?

No, nothing happens.  I used to be able to enter the statement date, enter the ending balance, then hit enter.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    Are you normally (previously) using a Paper statement to reconcile?  Or the "Online Balance"?
    Because to simply "tab through" you'd need to be using Online, as Paper requires the date of the paper statement.
    Your "tab through" and "just didn't fill everything out" statements conflict with each other.

No, I'm reconciling to a paper statement.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Chris_QPW said:
    What is happening then?
    Error message?

After entering the ending balance, you should hit tab twice, then Enter.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    What is happening then?
    Error message?

OK I see what you are talking about now.  In a dialog they can make one button the "default" button which will fire when you hit enter.  In the past that would have been the OK button, but for whatever reason I see that now they have removed that setting from the OK button.  As such you will have use @Sherlock's and tab to the button and then hit Enter or Space or use your mouse.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see what they did that messed this up.
    Old dialog:

New dialog:

So they did change it to add the Apply button, and must have removed the setting for the default button.
    Note the Apply button only shows up when in Use online balance mode.
    Signature:
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This appears to fall in the same category as the missing keyboard shortcuts in a few other popup dialogs, as discussed here:
    I wish the programmers would pay more attention to detail when making changes ... otherwise it's "one step forward, two steps back".

This discussion has been closed.