Starting new yearly files (Q Mac)

300 Guy
300 Guy Member ✭✭
So has the newest version of Quicken Premier had anything added to it so a new yearly file can be started easily? This way I have only the items from one year rather than having several years on one file.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    No. The current versions of Quicken for Mac do not have a Year End Copy.

In all the various "wish list" feature ranking surveys they send out to customers, I don't even recall that coming up.
  • 300 Guy
    300 Guy Member ✭✭
    No I have numerous times in the past 4 years and at least 200 others have asked for it, but in different forums. Very disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @300 Guy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead which is currently marked as "Under Consideration". If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @300 Guy It helps to add a comment in that Idea thread about why you want this feature or how you'd use it. The developers initially believed people didn't need this because the database in the modern Quicken is robust and can easily handle decades of data without corruption or degradation, so it's important for them to grasp why people want this beyond "this is the way it used to work." :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • 300 Guy
    300 Guy Member ✭✭
    I have been to this site several times and there is NO vote button anyplace as it says in the post. And when I click on the links listed there, I get a "503 error temporarily out of service" message. So if you can send a direct link, it has NEVER worked for me. `
  • jacobs
    @300 Guy Go to the Idea thread. Scroll down until you reach the bottom the the first post, where there's a yellow box.

If you haven't voted before, the little triangle/arrow under the vote counter is dark gray; click the arrow and the vote counter will increment and the triangle will change to a grayed-out light gray.

• 300 Guy
    300 Guy Member ✭✭
    It does NOT work. If I click the arrow the number goes down!!!! It never has worked when I went there.
  • jacobs
    Some of the older Idea threads on this site have URLs for the platform Quicken previously used for this community site (getsatisfaction.com) which no longer work. That older platform also had a different voting method, so some old posts refer to a blue VOTE button at the top of the screen. When these are pointed out, a moderator or user with privileges can edit the URL and text explaining how to vote. (I just did do in the Idea post linked here.)
  • jacobs
    @300 Guy If the number goes down, it means you have already voted for that idea.

If the arrow is dark, it means you haven't voted, and clicking it will increment the count and turn the arrow light.

If the arrow is light, it means you have already voted, and clicking it will decrement the count and turn the arrow dark.

Bottom line: you can only add one vote. A second click removes your vote. A third click re-adds the vote. Etc. You can only make it go up and down by one.
This discussion has been closed.