Chase accounts quit downloading charges

Recently my two chase credit card accounts quit downloading charges. Payments show up and totals seem to be correct but no charge transactions. I'm using Direct Connect and it worked well for years.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @David12022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David12022
    David12022 Member
    Windows 10 Home Edition, V33.24
  • David12022
    David12022 Member
    The cloud account reset procedure made no difference.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @David12022

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering here if you may need to deactivate and reactivate the account due to it not wanting to download all the transactions. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. 

First we'll try deactivating all of the accounts for the affected FI. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts. You'll also want to make sure you select direct connect by clicking advanced options on the login screen. This will allow you to choose direct connect and continue onwards.

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• David12022
    David12022 Member
    Managed to get Direct Connect activated but it is still not downloading charge transactions. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I will quit using Chase. I'm not about to enter all my transactions by hand!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the totals (balances) are correct, check the sort order of your register.  It could be that they are there, just not showing in the part of the register that is displayed.
    Clicking on a column header will sort by that column. 
    Clicking a second time (not a double click) will reverse the order.  In your case, click on the Date column  header.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David12022
    David12022 Member
    The transactions show up if I do a register report or an export to Excel but still do not show in the quicken register. It's not a filter problem - I've been through that. This problem only occurs with Chase credit card accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

May I ask; do you have your register settings set up so downloaded transactions are automatically added to the account register or do you normally review and accept transactions first before they are added to register (this setting also normally displays a red flag in front of the account name in the left Account List sidebar)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• David12022
    David12022 Member
    Review and accept. There are no pending transactions to accept.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for clarifying.

And does the red flag next to the account name still display, or is that missing as well?

-Quicken Anja

• David12022
    David12022 Member
    No red flag but I did notice a blue dot where the red flag should be.
  • Quicken Anja
    In that case, then could you please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions and check to make sure that the checkbox for "Automatically add to banking registers" is unchecked (see below).

If it is checked, please go ahead and uncheck it.

Next, right-click the account name in the Account List in the sidebar and select Edit/Delete Account. Then, navigate to the Online Services tab and check if "Automatic entry is: ..." set to Off (see below).

If it is not set to "Off", please click on it and select the option for "No - Never..." to switch it Off (see below).

Please check back and let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• David12022
    David12022 Member
    I tried this and it made no difference. Charge transactions still not showing in the register.
  • David12022
    David12022 Member
    i stumbled onto a solution. Somehow the register display preferences were changed to sort by category rather than sort by date. Only on these chase accounts and not any others. I don't know how this could have happened but I'm good now.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @david12022
    Just clicking on a column header in a register will change the sort, so, somewhere along the line, you evidently clicked on the Category header.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list