How do I add one-step update to a credit card?

Options
I have previously listed a credit card without one-step update. I would like to have it updated with one-step. How do I add one-step to the credit card?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @cribleman .  By "I have previously listed a credit card without one-step update" I am assuming you mean that you have set up a manual account for it in Quicken.  Am I correct?
    Assuming I am correct, I would take the following steps:
    1)  Backup your data file just in case something goes wrong.
    2)  Go to Tools > Account List > Edit (for the credit card account) > General tab > make sure to remove all Financial Institution information you might have entered from the upper right quadrant of the General tab view > Online Services tab >  Set Up Now > type in the Name of the Financial Institution (if that does not work, type in the name of the Credit Card) > follow the prompts.
    • For most account set ups you will need to enter your same UserID and PW that you use when you log into your account online.  Be sure to check the box to add the UserID and PW to PW Vault if you do not want to have to manually re-enter this information every time you run One Step Update (OSU).
    • During this process Quicken might (probably will) ask you what to do with the data that is downloaded.  If that happens, be sure to select "Link..." and select the credit card account in Quicken.  If you do not do this, Quicken might add the download as a new account or might link it to the wrong account.
    • During this process Quicken might (probably will) enter transactions into the account register that you already have entered there.  If this happens, you will need to manually delete the duplicates.  This will be just a 1X occurrence and should not happen again in the future.
    If I am mistaken and you do not have a manual account already set up in Quicken, go to Tools > Add Account > follow the prompts per #2.
    Let me know if you have any questions or if this answered your question.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See Q Help about adding ANY account to OSU.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @cribleman .  By "I have previously listed a credit card without one-step update" I am assuming you mean that you have set up a manual account for it in Quicken.  Am I correct?
    Assuming I am correct, I would take the following steps:
    1)  Backup your data file just in case something goes wrong.
    2)  Go to Tools > Account List > Edit (for the credit card account) > General tab > make sure to remove all Financial Institution information you might have entered from the upper right quadrant of the General tab view > Online Services tab >  Set Up Now > type in the Name of the Financial Institution (if that does not work, type in the name of the Credit Card) > follow the prompts.
    • For most account set ups you will need to enter your same UserID and PW that you use when you log into your account online.  Be sure to check the box to add the UserID and PW to PW Vault if you do not want to have to manually re-enter this information every time you run One Step Update (OSU).
    • During this process Quicken might (probably will) ask you what to do with the data that is downloaded.  If that happens, be sure to select "Link..." and select the credit card account in Quicken.  If you do not do this, Quicken might add the download as a new account or might link it to the wrong account.
    • During this process Quicken might (probably will) enter transactions into the account register that you already have entered there.  If this happens, you will need to manually delete the duplicates.  This will be just a 1X occurrence and should not happen again in the future.
    If I am mistaken and you do not have a manual account already set up in Quicken, go to Tools > Add Account > follow the prompts per #2.
    Let me know if you have any questions or if this answered your question.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cribleman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Please follow the instructions provided below to establish an Online Connection for One Step Update.
    1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click the Edit button on the account you want to reactivate.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click the Set Up Now button.
    4. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    5. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

I hope this help!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cribleman
    cribleman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Boatnmaniac for your help. It was perfect.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    I am glad it worked for you, @cribleman .

This discussion has been closed.