How do I convert old monthly PDF Bank of America credit card transactions to QFX files?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You'd need to log into BofA's website and see what THEY allow you to download as a QFX.  There's no  Q tool to do so.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are third party programs that can do that sort of thing, but they aren't cheap, so depending on how much you want to do, it might be easier and CHEAPER to enter them manually.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You'd need to log into BofA's website and see what THEY allow you to download as a QFX.  There's no  Q tool to do so.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are third party programs that can do that sort of thing, but they aren't cheap, so depending on how much you want to do, it might be easier and CHEAPER to enter them manually.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you Google "PDF to QFX" there's programs out there that claim to make that conversion, but I'd take that claim with a large grain of salt.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If i were to attempt this, I would use Acrobat to convert the PDF files to Excel files and ImportQIF to convert the Excel files into QFX files.
  • Thank you for your very prompt suggestion which I will follow.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    :):)
    So, you have a BoA credit card, and want to input older transactions....
    1 - do you have the BoA CC account setup in Quicken with the Quicken Add Account menu command ?
    2 - have you downloaded transactions with One Step Update ?
    3 - you want more than what was made avail from BoA during the download ?
    As mentioned - it is not easy to convert from the PDF "graphic image" to text for later processing.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• The problem is that BoA does not keep electronic spread sheets old monthly credit card accounts, but they do keep seven years of the PDF reports. I can create excel spread sheets from these pdf reports. How do I identify the columns, so they line up with the current Quicken credit card reports?
    I have found that commercial program PDF2XLC do a much better job of converting the BoA PDF to Excel
    John
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that BoA does not keep electronic spread sheets old monthly credit card accounts, but they do keep seven years of the PDF reports. I can create excel spread sheets from these pdf reports. How do I identify the columns, so they line up with the current Quicken credit card reports?
    I have found that commercial program PDF2XLC do a much better job of converting the BoA PDF to Excel
    John
    If you're using ImportQIF, you may want to review: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/importqifcsvmapping.html