How do i link my Amazon Prime Store Card/Synchrony with my Quicken account?

I have been unsuccessful in Direct Connecting my Quicken Deluxe program to the Amazon Prime Store Card/Synchrony

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Andrew Ericksen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, which financial institution name are you selecting from our bank list when trying to connect? And are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Andrew Ericksen
    Andrew Ericksen Member ✭✭
    thank you Anja, the version is R34.24, and the bank is Synchrony with cc-503 error code
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the Financial Institutions List, the Amazon credit card supports Express Web Connect (EWC), not Direct Connect (DC).
    There are a couple of Alerts posted regarding connection issues with Synchrony that you might want to read if you have not already done so.
    The issues with Synchrony are not universal but they do affect a lot of users.  It is also sometimes an intermittent issue where the connection fails one day and a few days later the connection works again.  It is very possible (especially since you are getting a CC-503 error code) that this is what is preventing you from setting up your EWC connection. 
    Because this is intermittent and not universal you could simply keep trying to set up the EWC connection and maybe you will get lucky and be able to complete the connection set up.  (My JC Penney Synchrony card EWC connection suddenly failed last weekend but by Wednesday I was able to reconnect and so far the connection is still working.)
    Some have reported that the only connection method that reliably works right now is Web Connect (WC).   But not all Financial Institutions support the WC option and according to the FI List it appears that the Amazon card is one of those that does not support it.  However, it might be worthwhile for you to log into your online Amazon card account to see if they permit downloading transactions in QFX (or "Quicken") format.  If they do, download and import in that format...this is the WC connection option.
    If Amazon Card does not offer WC and if you cannot connect with EWC, then until this connection issue is resolved your options for setting up this card and managing it in Quicken are:
    1. Set up your Amazon Card as a manual account and manually enter the transactions.  You can set up  EWC later after the connection issue is resolved.
    2. If your Amazon Card offers downloads in QIF, CSV and/or Excel formats your could download in one of those formats and save the downloaded file to your hard drive.  Then download and install ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.   It is a freeware program developed by a long-time Quicken user and Community member.  Once it is installed it can be used to convert the downloaded transaction file so that it can be imported into Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)