How do I downgrade the version of Quicken that I am using?

toby2c
toby2c Member ✭✭
I no longer need the Deluxe version, I am 80 for God's sake. Need to downgrade. How do I do that?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    toby2c said:
    I no longer need the Deluxe version, I am 80 for God's sake. Need to downgrade. How do I do that?

You're 80 for God's sake.  Why would you want to downgrade from the Deluxe edition?  The only lower edition is the Starter edition which has significant functional limitations.

https://www.quicken.com/compare
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Most noteworthy of those limitations is: if you ever fail to renew Q Starter Edition ... it becomes READ ONLY.  No input, even via the keyboard.  It becomes a report-generator only.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• toby2c
    toby2c Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > You're 80 for God's sake.  Why would you want to downgrade from the Deluxe edition?  The only lower edition is the Starter edition which has significant functional limitations.
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/compare

Been using it for years, I think since 2009 or 10. I have no long term loan plans nor do I plan to get one, and no need to budget at my age My investments are now handled by outside people. Basically no more bills to pay. So kinda of dumb to continue to waste money.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't need to download transactions anymore or use any online services you don't have to upgrade each year.  You can keep using an old version.  I'm staying on Quicken 2013 and enter everything manually.  Sounds like you don't even want to use Quicken at all anymore.  Just keep what you have.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    toby2c said:
    So kinda of dumb to continue to waste money.
    Personally I don't get this way of thinking. Even at full price $52 - $36 = $16 a year (and sometimes you can get a discount from some retailers that Deluxe is almost the same price).

If money is that tight I would simply either just use Quicken in a pure manual mode, or switch to something free, maybe even just use what the financial institutions provide.

In fact we have finances that have been arranged that are so simple/automatic I really just use Quicken more as a hobby.  And as such I could easily get rid of it at this point in my life, but even $4.33 a month it is trivial for me to use it.

The Starter version has so many restrictions (lots that people don't even know about like the lack of being able to use tags in reports) it hardly seems like the $1.33 a month is worth any frustration of using it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.