Include "do not reply" to forum email messages

jacobs
jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
When people receive emails from the forum, those emails to do not contain any text to inform them that they cannot reply to the email. So people click reply to the email, their reply bounces, and they are confused or frustrated.

The previous GetSatisfaction forum included in the footer of email messages: "Don't reply directly to this email."

There should be something similar at the top or bottom of the email text on this Vanilla-powered site. I'd suggest: "Do not reply to this email. You must click the link at the bottom of this message to open this message on the Quicken Community website, where you can post a reply."
Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
10 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

This request has been implemented. Thank you!

Comments

• Bill Blaney
    Bill Blaney Member ✭✭✭
    If I post something in the community and someone smarter than I answers back, I get an email of the reply along with the instruction to "Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out". Well, an email reply comes back marked "Return to Sender" and so it is not an option. Please change this instruction because the email is from <noreply + ... @quicke.com> and you can only reply at the website. I mentioned this to a support rep and she said email replies have not been allowed since the separation from Intuit. That's quite a while!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this message should be changed.  Trying to post by sending an email has never worked for this forum, and people are probably thinking they have replied when the email goes no where.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Priyo
    Priyo Member ✭✭
    The message I recently received said just the reverse. It specifically said I can reply to this email directly or press the link to go to community website. There should be a way for me to reply directly
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Priyo. I don’t think there will be a way to reply via email, because that lacks some of the tools and widgets which exist when you reply on the website (e.g. styled or quoted text, embedded images, marking a question resolved). But the incorrect messaging can, at least, be corrected. According to the yellow box above, this is in the works for implementation. 

Quicken needs to get the company which runs the forum, Vanilla, to implement the change. Why it would take months and years to be implemented is beyond me, but hopefully it will be changed soon.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please restore the old email notification. The tiny gain is not worth the HUGE loss:
    - only 1st 3 lines of post
    - email notifications no longer grouped by conversation
    - can no longer differentiate replies to a thread vs new thread

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)