One version of Quicken vs need for two

Us Canadians who have retirement or investment properties in the USA have to maintain two verisons of Quicken: One Canadian venison and the second a US version. NOT CONVENIENT

Any possibility that Quicken will eventually release a multi currency, multi country version??!

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I haven't seen any indication that Quicken Inc intends to do this, but they don't tell the public what they are working either.  And I'm not even sure if anyone has posted an Idea so that one can vote on it.
    To post one: From the Home page select:

I do know that Quicken Mac has this, and has had it since the rewrite of Quicken Mac that was first released in 2010.

For Quicken Windows US one of the main stumbling blocks I know of is that it will refuse to import data in any currency other than USD.  The Canadian version can import transactions in different currencies.  But both products are basically restricted to the given country financial institutions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to let a Mac SuperUser answer more fully ... but Q Can can handle accounts in both CAD and USD.  Is that not true for investment accounts?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SSA99
    SSA99 Member ✭✭
    Yes it can "handle" accounts. However,,,,,Canadian Version does NOT allow download of transactions from US bank or US credit cards. Similarly, the US version does NOT allow download of transactions from Canadian bank or CDN$ credit cards. Thus all downloads need to happen manually, very cumbersome and prone to error. SO not a great solution.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I haven't seen any indication that Quicken Inc intends to do this, but they don't tell the public what they are working either.  And I'm not even sure if anyone has posted an Idea so that one can vote on it.

I do know that Quicken Mac has this, and has had it since the rewrite of Quicken Mac that was first released in 2010.

For Quicken Windows US one of the main stumbling blocks I know of is that it will refuse to import data in any currency other than USD.  The Canadian version can import transactions in different currencies.  But both products are basically restricted to the given country financial institutions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pwlong777
    pwlong777 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I use Canadian Quicken and it CAN download US bank accounts properly IF you use "web connect" where it logs you on to the bank site and you do the downloads. If you use the Quicken "improved connection" method where it logs and and downloads the transactions automatically, any US account does not download properly.  It usually creates a new account in Quicken and treats the transactions as Canadian dollars.  This is the reason I cannot use the new and improved connection method. It seems to me that if Quicken can make it work properly in one case, they could use the same logic in he other.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Chris_QPW said:

And the status is:

"Planned · Last Updated October 2020

This request has been accepted and added to the Development roadmap for future implementation. At this time there is not an ETA on when this feature will be available. CTP-978"

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.