ApplePay integration with mobile app (2 Legacy Votes)

Options
mkennon
mkennon Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
Apple pay transactions should be brought into quicken app in lieu of having to manually key them into the app Then the apple pay transactions would be matched with downloaded credit card transactions in the desktop Quicken just like transactions manually entered into the Quicken app. I hope the Quicken folks incorporate this functionality into the mobile app and hope that the process of having the Quicken app and Apple Pay to each other is not an big deal.
16 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 2/17/24 - CBT-272

Comments

• RobW
    RobW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree! Every time I use Apple Pay, I wonder why this couldn't be done. I believe Apple has opened Wallet to developers...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I recently started using Apple Pay more and had the same thought... why not just push that to Quicken mobile on my iPhone?  It would be a great feature to add.
  • mkennon
    mkennon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I use Apple Pay almost everyday and get very annoyed when I have to hand key transactions into Quicken mobile. Seems like a no brained to integrate Apple Pay notifications with Quicken Mobile.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It might be wishful thinking, but I would love to see this feature implemented, especially since Apple Card doesn’t support automatic transaction downloading via Direct Connect or Quicken Connect (Express Web Connect on Quicken Windows). You have to export a QFX file once a month and import via Web Connect. If the Quicken mobile app could detect when Apple Pay had been used and allow you to quickly record the transaction (with the app pulling payee, date and amount info automatically), it would make it easier to keep Apple Card transactions up to date until the end of the month when you export/import a QFX file, which would then match to all the transactions created by Quicken detecting the use of Apple Pay.

My example scenario above specifically relates to using Apple Card with Apple Pay, but it could work with any credit/debit card that can be used with Apple Pay. 
  • mkennon
    mkennon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a no brained to me. It would provide a nice integration with the Apple ecosystem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rock1424
    rock1424 Member
    Options

This is a great idea and would be so convenient to have an apple pay transaction automatically added into the Quicken app. I try to remember to manually add these transactions into the app at the time of the transaction for budgeting purposes but often forget when I am in a hurry. It would be great to have these transactions added automatically.

• Bill Chip Smith
    Bill Chip Smith Member ✭✭
    Options

Apple Pay integration with Quicken Mobile is a great idea!!!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.