Barclays drops support for AA Aviator Mastercard on Quicken

I noticed that I was unable to download transactions into my American Airlines Aviation Mastercard by Barclays account for the last week. I called Barclays customer service and was told the bank "discontinued supporting Quicken." I got no notice from either Quicken or Barclays. Has anyone else noticed this issue with Barclays credit cards for AA or other merchants? And what can be done to get this service reinstated? It's a major inconvenience to say nothing of a disincentive to use either of those services.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining to AA/Barclays is your only recourse.  Quicken can not force them to participate.  One option is to drop the card and get one from a company to does support Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Gary V
    Gary V Member ✭✭
    I'm dropping them
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Difficult choice, as I fly AA frequently and get benefits from this card.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gjg 206
    gjg 206 Member
    Same issue with Barclays Upromise mastercard. Been using this with Quicken for a decade. And suddenly it just stops? No notice from anyone? This is silly. What gives??
  • Chuck Collins
    Chuck Collins Member ✭✭✭
    After seeing this, I just contacted Barclay to see if this was true (i.e. Barclay dropping Quicken support). The agent I talked to (Shamsher) confirmed that Barclay is still working on the issue and is not dropping support for Quicken. Perhaps not a definitive answer (sometimes the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing). But, tt is at least somewhat reassuring. Still no time estimate on resolution.

@NotACPA , as this is the second time in memory this has happened with Barclay, I am considering switching my card to Citicards, AA's other credit card partner. Not sure how difficult that would be. But very frustrated with Barclay at this point.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chuck Collins  Thanks for the reminder about AA's other card partner.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sierratango
    Sierratango Member ✭✭
    @Chuck Collins Thanks for that update. You may be correct about the right hand/left hand thing. The agent I spoke with said flat out that Barclays discontinued support Quicken. I hope yours is right that the banks is "still working on the issue." And the comment by @NotAPCA about switching the card to AA's Citi partner is interesting. I wonder if you can, and if your mileage/T&Cs would remain the same?
  • Sierratango
    Sierratango Member ✭✭
    Thank you, James That's very helpful to know they are not outright dropping support, which is what the Barclay's customer service rep told me. As for the "Alerts", I see nothing that would apply to the current situation regarding Quicken. Did I miss something?
  • James Morrison
    James Morrison Member ✭✭✭
    I think they are saying you can set up alerts on their website for particular transactions or dollar amounts. You'd get an email if a transaction meets the criteria.
  • James Morrison
    One Step downloaded transactions this morning, back to 8/13. Seems fixed.
  • Mille862
    Mille862 Member ✭✭
    Agree. All transactions came over properly when I downloaded today. I just cross checked the statement that just closed on 8/24 with every transaction in Quicken and all are aligned/accurate.

Only mistake I made was having Quicken support try to help me solve the problem before I realized that it wasn't a problem with Quicken. I've had my account for many years and when they tried to help, it ended up screwing up my data. Won't go through all of the steps that we took but bottom line, I'm not going to go through years worth of data to figure out where the errors are so I just made an adjustment to the previous statement's ending balance to get it to match and this month's statement is now correct. In this case, I wish I hadn't contacted Quicken for support. I'd have been better off to wait it out. Lesson learned.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mille862 said:
    I'd have been better off to wait it out. Lesson learned.
    My first rule for any connection problem is WAIT, at least until I can confirm on here one way or another if there is really anything I can do about it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sierratango
    Sierratango Member ✭✭
    I was the OP and sorry I didn't check in earlier. My AA Advantage card account is now properly downloading from Barclays. That's good. The misinformation I got from the Barclays phone rep is not. Thanks all for your comments.
  • HWANG2010
    HWANG2010 Member ✭✭
    A few days all my old transactions updated. My account is out of balance now. I can't tell if it is missing deposits or duplicate purchases transactions. They may from the new entries or old entries that may have been duplicated. I will have to review the end balances at the end of each month to find the month the errors occurred.
  • James Morrison
    Check the opening balance, too. Mine was changed from 0 to $348. There may be duplicates, but best to check it when you have a new bank statement and can reconcile.