I am still getting a sync error screen when I try to link my online bank accounts with Quicken.

I keep getting a sync error message when I link my online accounts with Quicken. I am running Mac OS 11.5.2 and Quicken 6.3.2. I read a discussion dated Aug 2 that said that this had been resolved. But yet I am still seeing it on all my accounts.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @tonicat11407 Thank you for trying those steps and for providing an update!

In that case, then next, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    What kind of a sync error message are you getting?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• JanJ
    JanJ Member
    I cannot get banks/credit cards to sync either for 5 days now. So frustrating. Error messages I am getting..
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 2.43.38 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 2.44.02 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 2.44.10 PM
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 2.44.23 PM
  • Here is the error message that I keep getting.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @tonicat11407 & @JanJ,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taking back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• I did as you suggested. signed out of my Quicken account; I also signed out of my online accounts. When I signed in and logged onto my accounts, I still get the sync error message.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    @tonicat11407 Thank you for trying those steps and for providing an update!

In that case, then next, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Thank you. This corrected the problem.
This discussion has been closed.