Quicken having trouble connecting with T Rowe Price Retirement Plans

I have been enjoying using Quicken to sync with my various accounts including my 401k with T Rowe Price. August 26, 2021 was the last time I successfully updated my T Rowe Price Acct through the Direct Connect it is set up with. Since then I am getting the error I have attached here. I have not changed anything on either side of the set-up except an update was done to Quicken this past week, Version 6.3.3 (Build 603.41049.100). Did something change on your side with this update that has caused this?

Thank you,
Jeff Bater

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We did recently receive reports here from Windows users that this issue appears to be resolved on Quicken for Windows. If this issue still remains ongoing today on Quicken for Mac, then we recommend waiting for 24 hours before trying again. If the error persists after that, then we advise you to contact the Financial Institution directly to report it. It may also be helpful to provide the Financial Institution with your log files.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• JimReese
    JimReese Member ✭✭
    I'm having exactly the same issue with T.Rowe Price. Worked fine until last week. Getting same error message as previously posted.

Jim Reese
  • ajswire
    ajswire Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the identical problem, with a similar last connected date. I am running Version 6.3.3 (Build 603.41049.100) on macOS 11.5.2
  • Same issue with me. Waited the weekend and tried this morning. Same error message.
  • gizmo78023
    gizmo78023 Member ✭✭
    Same story here… “we are not alone”, just waiting for an answer.
  • Jeff Bater
    Jeff Bater Member ✭✭
    I have called T Rowe Price and troubleshooted with them and I have contacted Quicken via chat. No matter what they have had me do, I get the same message that Quicken cannot connect to T Rowe Price. It is very frustrating. In the chat I was mainly asking to make sure tech support sees this thread, and he did read it, but the rep still wanted me to do the same steps again to see if it is still happening. The worst part is Quicken rep and the T Rowe Price rep both had me create a new file and only add the T Rowe Price 401k account, but Quicken software will not let me add it as it cannot connect to T Rowe Price. Vicious circle with no one admitting something changed in the last update to the Mac software.
  • I have same problem
  • jssmadtown
    jssmadtown Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I have the same problem. I also have Banktivity and it isn't dowloading either. This seems to suggest it's TRP?
  • My downloads stopped working.
    How do I correct this issue?
  • Crewdog68
    Crewdog68 Member ✭✭
    After 10 days of no sucess, I have come here too. Same issue.
  • I have the same issue. I tried disconnecting the TRP account, deleting password from the keychain and then attempting to add new after relaunch. Did not work. I can connect to my online account without Quicken. After years of not being able to connect Quicken to TRP it finally worked for a few years now we are back where we started.
  • yce
    yce Member
    edited September 2021
    I have the same issue- It was working for a while, and then stopped a little while ago. I cannot reconnect. [removed - no soliciting]
  • Jeff Bater
    Jeff Bater Member ✭✭
    I was on the phone with T Rowe Price tech support again this morning on the same support ticket I started the other day. Still no luck trying the different troubleshooting we did. He is elevating it to a higher level of tech support and will let me know how it progresses.
  • RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Similar problem here. Trouble shooting with quicken did not resolve the issue and after looking at my logs they feel the issue is on the Trowe Price side of things. Trowe now also has my logs. Awaiting their followup. Looks like like quicken can connect to Trowe server but cannot retrieve the data?

From my quicken OFX LOG "Could not read the response status line sent by a third-party server. Possible causes: non-spec HTTP headers, connection timeout, no data returned. This is not a problem with the WebSEAL server"
  • toddeh
    toddeh Member
    I have the same issue. I think it stopped working after the recent Quicken version release (Mac).
  • kbfranklin
    kbfranklin Member ✭✭
    Same problem here with same timeframe. Running Quicken v. 6.3.3 on Mac.
  • Joel
    Joel Member ✭✭
    Adding my name to the list. Tried several of the typical options but no luck. Using v 6.3.3 on a Mac.
  • Wllym
    Wllym Member
    Ditto. Quicken for Mac Version 6.3.3 (Build 603.41049.100), macOS 11.6
  • It feels good to be not alone.
  • bruceew
    bruceew Member
    Same issue and paying for premier version, I would have expected better service from tech support on this issue
  • bo3b
    bo3b Member
    Me too. Version 6.3.3 (Build 603.41049.100) MacOS 11.5.2
  • Still not working as of this morning. Version 6.3.3 (Build 603.41049.100) MacOS 10.14.6
  • blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    not working here either
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We did recently receive reports here from Windows users that this issue appears to be resolved on Quicken for Windows. If this issue still remains ongoing today on Quicken for Mac, then we recommend waiting for 24 hours before trying again. If the error persists after that, then we advise you to contact the Financial Institution directly to report it. It may also be helpful to provide the Financial Institution with your log files.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    As of 4:24 pm today the Quicken for Mac 6.3.3 now syncs with Trowe price Retirement on my Mac. :)
  • JimReese
    JimReese Member ✭✭
    Working for me as well, Quicken Mac 6.3.3.
  • Jeff Bater
    Jeff Bater Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    This is now working for me. I have changed nothing and am using the same login as I do on the T Rowe Price webpage as before. Makes me wonder who fixed the issue; if it was Quicken or T Rowe Price? Hmmm. No one is admitting anything.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This is now working for me. I have changed nothing and am using the same login as I do on the T Rowe Price webpage as before. Makes me wonder who fixed the issue; if it was Quicken or T Rowe Price? Hmmm. No one is admitting anything.
    There is almost never any explanation when these types of things happen. It may have been T Rowe Price, it may have been Quicken's connectivity service provider, Intuit, or it may have been a combination of both working together. Sometimes the reasons can be simple, like a change of a URL for connection, and sometimes they are complex, technical, and not easily explained.

I don't even know if the support people at Quicken know who did what to fix an issue, since it's generally out of there hands. So typically, you say thanks to the unknown forces who fixed a problem, and hope it doesn't recur anytime soon!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jssmadtown
    jssmadtown Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Now works for me again. I had disabled the connection, but re-linking worked. On first try to re-link, Quicken stuck at "continue" without further dialog. But it worked on second try. I have different financial software as I transition to Quicken, and it has the same issue (not yet fixed). This implies it is/was on the T Rowe Price side, at least in part.
  • Jeff Bater
    Jeff Bater Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > There is almost never any explanation when these types of things happen. It may have been T Rowe Price, it may have been Quicken's connectivity service provider, Intuit, or it may have been a combination of both working together. Sometimes the reasons can be simple, like a change of a URL for connection, and sometimes they are complex, technical, and not easily explained.
    >
    > I don't even know if the support people at Quicken know who did what to fix an issue, since it's generally out of there hands. So typically, you say thanks to the unknown forces who fixed a problem, and hope it doesn't recur anytime soon!

Agreed. Just one update to what you stated. Intuit no longer owns Quicken. It was sold off to H.I.G. Capital in 2016. Intuit retained Quickbooks as it is a different product. Since H.I.G. took over, there has been a good deal of investment in the Quicken software and the Mac version is now almost equal to the Windows version. It was a good call to sell it off to a company that would invest in it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Jeff Bater I'm aware of Quicken's ownership status. I mentioned Intuit because Quicken contracts with Intuit to provide connectivity services to financial institutions. When you see Quicken representatives refer to their "service providers", for connectivity to financial institutions, that provider is the Intuit OFX operation.

P.S. Quicken, Inc. is also no longer owned by H.I. G. Capital; it was recently sold to Aquiline Capital Partners LLC. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.