PNC Again: Error CC-505

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I had connection to my virtual wallet at PNC up until a few days ago. So did PNC change something or did Quicken?
    There is an outstanding Express Web Connect alert announcement on PNC:  PNC Bank Returns CC-505/105 Error
  • Yes, i have done that.
  • @Frankx yes I'm still having problems connecting. When I try to connect to PNC. I tried creating a new account and the results are the same can't connect.
  • b3thomso
    b3thomso Member ✭✭
    Same issue this morning. Does not seem like the problem is fixed yet.
  • @Frankx i have tried express web connect and direct connect with no success. Web connect in my opinion is 30 years old and inconvenient when you have multiple accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jerry Reilly,

Are you still getting the CC-505 / -105 error code?  Have you shut down Quicken and opened it again lately?  If not, try that and let me know is it connects.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Hans627
    Hans627 Member
    Any idea how long this will go on? Is it a bank issue or a Quicken issue?
  • I've tried every PNC option and have been getting the errors for the last week so the problem is not yet resolved.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @scott.mccoy75

I am assuming that you are using Express Web Connect for your PNC accounts.  Have you considered changing to Direct Connect?  Direct Connect is a more reliable method and it is working.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I've tried the Virtual Wallet option, Direct Connect, and Web Connect. None of them work.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, if you are using Virtual Wallet, then Direct Connect will not work with that.  So your only choices are Express Web Connect and Web Connect, which is unfortunate.

Frankx

• To add a little more detail, after providing my logon credentials I get as far as being prompted for 2FA, I enter the code, sometimes it'll recognize my accounts where I can choose to link to existing, but then it errors out. The error changes slightly from each method I try but all do not work.
  • If you choose Direct Connect you do have a secondary option of "Quicken Connect" which works for Virtual Wallet. Well, at least it did before last week.
  • I have been a long time quicken user. Recently, I have been receiving a Server communication error. Says "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers....." I have been getting this error for several days. I know I have all the correct login information. I have deactivated and reactivated My PNC Bank account connection with Web Connect. Any Ideas?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I understand that the bank is still blocking Quicken connections for some reason.  Please monitor this thread LINK and you'll be notified when the connection is fixed.

Frankx

• There are 3 options available to Virtual Wallet users that I've switched back and forth from as they break and get resolved:

"PNC - Virtual Wallet"
    "PNC Bank - Direct Connection" (choosing the Quicken Connect sub-option)
    "PNC Bank - Web Connect"

Sometimes it's clear the PNC is who broke it from a change or outright blocking Quicken IP addresses or aggregator services. Other times Quicken acknowledges the problem is on their end. I understand things break and system changes cause problems at times. Just frustrated this has been down for a week with no communication from Quicken other than acknowledging it's broken.
  • uutdad
    uutdad Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @uutdad,
    >
    > Which method are you using to download from PNC (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?  Also, which version of Quicken are you running?
    >
    > Frankx

It's Quicken Deluxe for Windows (subscription, up to date).

It says "Financial Institution - Web Connect" and then
    "Connection Method: Express Web Connect".

Have not make any changes to this set up, only started asking for a code maybe a week ago.
  • aejeffor
    aejeffor Member ✭✭
    i reported this a couple of days ago to support as well. their response was, "keep trying every 24 hours." Gee thanks for the "service" I pay for.
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    UPDATE:

I called PNC. I got to their Qucken escalation team. They are now aware of the problem. Enough people have called in and they now have enough cases to be able to work with Quicken. They said to give it another 2 days, and if it is not resolved to call them back. He said it is a problem with Web Connect. Hope this is helpful.

"Tried to log a ticket with PNC. I got this from Chat rep. "Yes, the update we completed was on 9/9/21. I apologize, we are not able to review links sent through the chat. I am so sorry this is not working for you! Please call the Online Banking Escalations team at 1-800-762-2035 between the hours of Monday-Friday 7am-10pm EST and Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm EST. They will be able to further review your profile and investigate the issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused."
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @uutdad,

Thanks for the information.  I believe that you are experiencing the same problem as many other PNC Bank customers who use Quicken are.  Please take a look at this notification LINK for more information.  I also suggest that you bookmark it so that you'll be notified once it is fixed.

Frankx

• bgiotes
    bgiotes Member ✭✭
    Got the same lip service when I spoke to PNC today. I sent them the link to this thread. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. It's kind of a deal breaker for me.
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is the same, but for the past few days, when I do an update, I get a message that says I have to put in a code sent to my phone. This should only happen once, but it has happened since perhaps 9/10.

Been using Quicken since the 1990's. This error says PNC Web Connect during the download process. All of my other (many) connections are fine.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MrZipp,

You are seeing the same problem, caused by the same issue.  Please monitor this thread LINK for updates.

Frankx

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Hans627

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing with PNC Bank. We are currently aware of the issues and are working on resolving the issue. The link down below will have any updates on the issue as well. If you would like to follow the issue you can do so by going to the right of the title and clicking the ribbon.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898979/pnc-bank-returns-cc-505-105-error

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• EC Traveler
    EC Traveler Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I keep getting this message: FI_Website_UNAVAILABLE:ccrscrape.105:URL. We do not recognize the aggregator IP address.

Not sure who to check with. Any ideas would be helpful.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @EC Traveler

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing with PNC Bank. We are currently aware of the issues and are working on resolving the issue. The link down below will have any updates on the issue as well. If you would like to follow the issue you can do so by going to the right of the title and clicking the ribbon.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898979/pnc-bank-returns-cc-505-105-error

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I am unable to download PNC bank data after logging out and logging back in
  • GregB
    GregB Member ✭✭
    I have been getting this error for over a week now. I haven't been able to download since 9/7/21. This might be a bank issue as I did a different provider as a similar service as Quicken and encountered a similar error.

Is Quicken addressing this issue or can it be?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: PNC Bank Returns CC-505/105 Error
  • JeffR
    JeffR Member
    Been having the same issues with Web Connect. CC-501. Seems to happen every few months. Reported and have a ticket number with Quicken and as in usual fashion no update or fix (over a week). Also reported with PNC two days ago and they were aware of the issue. They were supposed to get back to me in two days. I pinged this am. Been a 25+ year user of quicken, but so many issues with Web Connect, I am starting to look for alternatives. They know there is an issue, but over a week with no report is ridiculous in this day and age. I have tried deactivating and reactivate. Also PNC said I could download transactions to a .csv file, however Could also create thousands of duplicates. Please advise if anyone has found a resolution, heard from Quicken or PNC or found a work around.
This discussion has been closed.