PNC Again: Error CC-505

Options

Answers

• MichaelWeis
    MichaelWeis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Suddenly, my daily transaction download from PNC is demanding 2 factor authentication.
    PNC support says this a Quicken problem.
    Wondering if others have encountered this and how they fixed it.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/15/2021
    PNC cc-505 errors again. This is getting totally out of hand. This makes 4 banks I am having trouble with.

Honestly, I'm spending more time troubleshooting than using Quicken.
    Most days I just want to jump on Quicken, do an update, check some figures, and sign off. Takes 10 minutes. Now I spend days troubleshooting problems.
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: data download problems.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Marvin KLine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message while trying to connect with PNC Bank that you could provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• richmck
    richmck Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I have been receiving this error code for over a week. The message says Do Not Contact PNC Bank, the error is related to Quicken's servers. I have reported this every day for the last 7 days. Still no response from Quicken and no fix
  • Arius1
    Arius1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got the same response from Quicken and PNC no real ETA from either one.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @MichaelWeis

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. We are currently having issues with PNC that are similar to what you're experiencing. The link down below has more details about the issue and any future updates as well. If you'd like to follow it you can do so by looking to the right of the title and clicking the ribbon. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898979/pnc-bank-returns-cc-505-105-error

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JeffR said:
    Been having the same issues with Web Connect. CC-501. Seems to happen every few months. Reported and have a ticket number with Quicken and as in usual fashion no update or fix (over a week). Also reported with PNC two days ago and they were aware of the issue. They were supposed to get back to me in two days. I pinged this am. Been a 25+ year user of quicken, but so many issues with Web Connect, I am starting to look for alternatives. They know there is an issue, but over a week with no report is ridiculous in this day and age. I have tried deactivating and reactivate. Also PNC said I could download transactions to a .csv file, however Could also create thousands of duplicates. Please advise if anyone has found a resolution, heard from Quicken or PNC or found a work around.
    CC-501 is not a Web Connect connection method error.  To receive a CC-501, you must be attempting to use the Express Web Connect connection method.

Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Although the error posted is different, the issue may be related:  PNC Bank Returns CC-505/105 Error
  • Jerry Reilly
    Options
    @Sherlock this is true but some PNC users can't get direct connect to work either. I think if you have PNC virtual wallet it won't use direct connect. The Web connect is somewhat problematic in that if you haven't been using it and you attempt to use and link to your current account the duplicate issue is a real PIA. If you don't link to your current account then you are running two similar accounts.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock this is true but some PNC users can't get direct connect to work either. I think if you have PNC virtual wallet it won't use direct connect. The Web connect is somewhat problematic in that if you haven't been using it and you attempt to use and link to your current account the duplicate issue is a real PIA. If you don't link to your current account then you are running two similar accounts.
    PNC has chosen not to provide the Direct Connect connection method for their Virtual Wallet account holders.  When we switch connection methods, there is always the risk the initial download will include duplicates as the FITID algorithm may have changed.  The good news is that for banking accounts, we may now delete multiple transactions directly from the Downloaded Transactions tab: FAQ: I have a manual account I want to activate for downloading, how do I prevent duplicates
  • scott.mccoy75
    Options
    I'm curious if Quicken Support is monitoring this thread. There appears to be many people with issues connecting to PNC with a few different error codes. All or most being outside of our ability to do anything about. There is an obvious problem to be worked out between Quicken and PNC that may have surfaced after the Quicken 6.3.3 update. That could just be coincidence and perhaps it's a backend issue and not client side. Either way, there doesn't seem to be much communication or acknowledgment from PNC that is being looked into other than this notice: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898979/pnc-bank-returns-cc-505-105-ol-297-error

There was an update made to that thread this afternoon that directs you to another link for resolution that is entirely different and not related. And for those on Macs the suggested resolution isn't even applicable.

Trying all the options again today I have achieved consistency. Every attempt now results in this error:
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.141)
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also have been having the same 2FA issue since about 9/10. Asks every time. My online access to PNC is fine. I haven't made any changes. Everything is fine, but it's a nuisance.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm curious if Quicken Support is monitoring this thread. There appears to be many people with issues connecting to PNC with a few different error codes. All or most being outside of our ability to do anything about. There is an obvious problem to be worked out between Quicken and PNC that may have surfaced after the Quicken 6.3.3 update. That could just be coincidence and perhaps it's a backend issue and not client side. Either way, there doesn't seem to be much communication or acknowledgment from PNC that is being looked into other than this notice: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898979/pnc-bank-returns-cc-505-105-ol-297-error

There was an update made to that thread this afternoon that directs you to another link for resolution that is entirely different and not related. And for those on Macs the suggested resolution isn't even applicable.

Trying all the options again today I have achieved consistency. Every attempt now results in this error:
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.141)
    There are Quicken moderators on this Quicken for Windows discussion.

• b3thomso
    b3thomso Member ✭✭
    Options
    The issue seems to resolved for me at least.
  • ddmcam330
    ddmcam330 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of this morning, 9/16/21 @ 8:00am ET, I was able to successfully configure PNC Bank - Express Web Connect for all 5 of my PNC bank accounts (2 checking, 1 saving, 1 auto loan). Everything is currently working, so that's something!
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was able to get further this morning, but still not connecting for me. It got me as far as 2FA this time, but then failed to connect. I got a CC-502 error. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • Jerry Reilly
    Options
    I have successfully accessed my PNC account via Quicken. Looks like whatever the problem was has been corrected.
  • scott.mccoy75
    Options
    I confirm I'm able to connect to my PNC accounts in Quicken as well this morning! :smile:
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So. Is there any chance that a moderator might chime in and explained what happened and how it was fixed so the next time it happens we'll know what to do? We all have spent a lot of time trying to resolve this.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    So. Is there any chance that a moderator might chime in and explained what happened and how it was fixed so the next time it happens we'll know what to do? We all have spent a lot of time trying to resolve this.
    Most of the time the corrective action for problem dealing with Express Web Connect is, report it to Quicken Inc and wait.  Maybe through in a Update Now in there, and on very rare occasions reset the connection (and almost never deactivate/reactivate the connection).

Express Web Connect as implemented (because of the lack of standards at the financial institutions) is inherently unreliable.   It is affected by changes the financial institution makes to their website, changes in login policies, and system maintenance.   Most of the time in situation like this Quicken Inc has to reach out to their service provider (Intuit) and get them to work with the financial institution to figure out what is going wrong.

In other words there isn't a thing that the user can do other than report it and wait for it to be fixed.

EDIT Pure speculation follows.  Given the large number of reported problems with Express Web Connect lately with different financial institutions I think either Quicken Inc is now more on top of these and getting them reported, or in fact changes are being made in the background that are in fact causing these problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Most of the time the corrective action for problem dealing with Express Web Connect is, report it to Quicken Inc and wait.  Maybe through in a Update Now in there, and on very rare occasions reset the connection (and almost never deactivate/reactivate the connection).

Express Web Connect as implemented (because of the lack of standards at the financial institutions) is inherently unreliable.   It is affected by changes the financial institution makes to their website, changes in login policies, and system maintenance.   Most of the time in situation like this Quicken Inc has to reach out to their service provider (Intuit) and get them to work with the financial institution to figure out what is going wrong.

In other words there isn't a thing that the user can do other than report it and wait for it to be fixed.

EDIT Pure speculation follows.  Given the large number of reported problems with Express Web Connect lately with different financial institutions I think either Quicken Inc is now more on top of these and getting them reported, or in fact changes are being made in the background that are in fact causing these problems.
    My sense is there have been more Express Web Connect issues raised recently.  In addition to being inherently unreliability, support for the Express Web Connect is not scalable.  This means outages may last significantly longer because each financial institution's issue must be addressed by a limited number of Intuit personnel.  Intuit likely prioritizes larger institutions that only support the Express Web Connect connection method over other institutions that are smaller or provide alternate connection methods.
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still having connection issues. Now a CC-502. I tried early in the morning and early evening. Still can not log in to my PNC accounts.
  • PBuckley
    Options
    I am also getting CC-502 from PNC
  • Marvin KLine
    Options
    Is this a problem for PNC to fix or Quickent?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Is this a problem for PNC to fix or Quickent?
    Neither.  You're waiting on Intuit's Express Web Connect support team.
  • SullyCuse
    SullyCuse Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, I as able to link my accounts, but I had to go to Add account and search for PNC. I selected PNC-Virtual Wallet, instead of PNC - Web Connect. Then I linked the found accounts to my current accounts in Quicken, and it seems to be working now.
  • MichaelWeis
    MichaelWeis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Magically resolved.
    It would be nice for Quicken or PNC or BOTH!!! to communicate with this loyal and valuable customers!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magically resolved.
    It would be nice for Quicken or PNC or BOTH!!! to communicate with this loyal and valuable customers!
    It is not magic.  It is a third-company.  Neither PNC nor Quicken.  When Quicken is notified by Intuit that the issue is resolved, they'll update their alert announcement:  PNC Bank Returns CC-505/105 Error
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PNC cc-502 again. I can log on to my PNC accounts, but Q can't.
This discussion has been closed.