Can Not Access File>Get Info

Options
Qunbee
Qunbee Member ✭✭
Get Info is greyed out and I can not figure out (lots of searching!) how to access it. It is greyed out for some bank accounts but not all.

Thanks!

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you are referring to the menu command File:Get Info, that is for the Transaction Information. It will display info about the currently selected transaction(s).

If no transaction is selected, then it will be grayed out in the menu. If you select other transactions, it will update with new information as you select them.

You can use this window to batch change info in selected transactions if needed as well. Simply enter the data in the Get Info window, and all selected transactions will be updated.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Qunbee

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the program. I'd like to see what exactly is happening. If it's possible could we get a screenshot so we have a better idea as there maybe a couple of other things that can help to figure out what exactly is happening? I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Once you get the chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. I didn't give enough information. I'm trying to correct an editing error by Quicken. Somehow, a large amount of transactions had their categories changed to another single category. These transactions are grouped by payee. Rather than edit every single one individually, I'm trying to edit a group of transactions (by payee) with the correct category. Is there a way to do this?
    Example: 50 transactions from 3 different accounts now have the wrong category. Can I edit across accounts in bulk?
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Select All Transactions from the Sidebar.

In the Search field, enter the payee name (or category).

Highlight the transactions you'd like to change using typical Mac selection process to select multiple lines (either continuous or non-continuous).

Right click on any selected transaction. Select "Edit Transaction".  There you can change the category in bulk...or other parameters you select such as Tag or Memo.  
  • Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Gary. You've helped me to identify another question (which may be the key): how do I highlight the transactions? I tried several known methods (left click, searching, etc.) but could not find the answer.
    If you'd be so kind as to help me with this, I'll move forward to use your editing directions!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Qunbee,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing.

Qunbee said:
    Thank you Gary. You've helped me to identify another question (which may be the key): how do I highlight the transactions? I tried several known methods (left click, searching, etc.) but could not find the answer.
    If you'd be so kind as to help me with this, I'll move forward to use your editing directions!
    "Highlighting" a transaction is done by simply clicking on it. When you click on a transaction, you will see that that transaction is now "highlighted" in blue instead of white like the rest of the transactions shown in the register. To highlight multiple transactions, simply hold the Command key on your keyboard and click on each transaction you wish to highlight/select.

I hope this clarifies things for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.