File > Open Recent list empty (Q Mac)

Bowood1a
Bowood1a Member ✭✭
Hello - wonder if anyone else is having this issue: when going to change quicken files, I used to be able to go to Open Recent and pick one of the recently opened files. However for the past week or so, when I click on Open Recent no files are showing, except for 'Clear Menu'. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. James

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Quicken version are you running? Click Quicken / About Quicken to get this information.
    Have you tried closing down Quicken, then shutting down and rebooting your Mac to see if that resolves the problem?
  • Bowood1a
    Bowood1a Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR, thanks for your message. I'm running Version 6.4.1 (Build 604.41722.100), the latest build and I've tried shutting down and rebooting my Mac but no luck!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Bowood1a
    Bowood1a Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help UKR.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For what it's worth, Open Recent is entirely managed by macOS, not by Quicken. Do you have the same issue with other applications on your Mac? (That is, open a few files in Word or Pages or TextEdit, and see if Open Recent is showing all the recent files you've opened.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bowood1a
    Bowood1a Member ✭✭
    Success @jacobs !! That explains it and solves it. Just had to go into macOS preferences and change the 'recent items' option and voila, all fine in Quicken. Much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.