Broken Premier Phone Support System [Edited]

Options
for the last two years at least, the 888 number that you call to get tech support rejects your phone number 100% of the time; it ALWAYS says, after you say your phone number, "We didn't get your phone number, please enter again"; anybody else experiencing this?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ppoole3,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @ppoole3  I'm guessing Anja sent you correct contact information, but for you or anyone else reading this, I want to note that official Quicken Support does not employ a number beginning with 888. (There may be some old toll-free number which still works; I'm not sure, but it is not publicized if there is, or it may be discontinued and part of your problem in connecting.) There are also a number of sleazy companies which pay to come up in Google searches for "quicken support" which are not, in fact, actual Quicken Support.

To contact Quicken Support, you can 
    • Click Support at the top of any page on this Community Forum
    • Go directly to the Contact Support web page: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    • In Quicken, select Help > Contact Support
    • Jump straight to the phone: the correct number is (650) 250-1900
    Not that the web page gives you hours of operation, the estimated wait time, and the options to call phone support or open a chat support session. Also note that Quicken support is free; if you call and someone starts talking about paying or giving a credit card, you are not talking with real Quicken Support.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    very odd, that 888 number has been the only number I have used for the last 2 years, including several times this week. after I deal with the rejection MY phone number problem, I get right through to tech support
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    jacobs, angie says the 888 number IS a vaild support number
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jacobs, you appear to be misinformed; the 888 number just worked fine as long as I entered for my phone number the old phone number I used to have. which of course is not my phone number any more.
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    fyi, if you call the 650 number, it doesn't even ask you for your "phone number associated with your premium support account". It immediately says press ... 3 for tech support...etc.
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    basically it's a comedy of errors
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    if you call 888 you have to put in the wrong phone number, and if you call 650 you have to put in any phone number.
  • ppoole3
    ppoole3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    you don't have to put in any phone number
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @ppoole3 No, not really a comedy of errors. I was telling you several ways to reach Quicken Support. Apologies, though, that I did miss that you were asking about Quicken Premier, which gives you expedited access in the phone queue. That service does give you an 888 number to use. The 650 number is the general support number; it doesn't ask about verifying your phone number because it's not the premium service. (Note that the premium service which comes with a Quicken Premier subscription doesn't connect you to different support representatives; it simply moves you to the front of the queue.)

If you haven't done this already, you can log into your account on Quicken.com and click on Sign In & Security on the left side. On this page, you can update the phone number associated with your subscription to be your current phone number. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that for Canadian users being able to use the 888 number might mean saving on paying for the phone call (which in some cases can take a long time).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.