Premier Members Credit Union express web connect stopped working

Hi I know this is a pretty local question for some people in Colorado. Express WEb Connect seemed to break for the credit union. It quit working two days ago. I get the MFA prompt and I get the text and enter the number, but then I get CC-501 and it won't update the accounts. Quicken support was not helpful and said call back again if its not working in a couple days. Every time I call support it takes an hour I don't have during normal business hours to sort anything out. Any ideas on whether I need to sort this out with the credit union or if its a Quicken issue?
'
It says an error with the Quicken Server. I am unclear if thats the credit unions quicken server or if its Quicken's server.

I don't want to try and reset the online connection because every time I do that I have to delete all the transactions that are already entered and reconciled when it downloads everything again. This then takes hours to go through one by one and delete the downloaded transactions that are already accepted previously. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    I just noticed that over the last couple of days there have been quite a few Alerts posted about different Credit Unions returning CC-501 error codes.  You can view them here: https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts.  It sounds like there might be some general problem with Credit Unions not updating during OSU. 
    You might want to contact Quicken Support to let them know you are having CC-501 problems, too, so Quicken's service provider is informed and also takes your credit union into account as they are working to resolve the issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2021
    First, CC-501 is an indication there was a problem on the Quicken or aggregator's server, not the financial institution's server.  Often running OSU, again, will resolve the issue or it will self resolve within a couple of days.
    If running OSU, again, does not fix the issue you could try running Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now).  That will often work when OSU does not and with this error code.
    When you say "reset" do you mean Reset Account or do you mean Deactivate/Reactivate?  It is unusual that Reset Account causes duplicate transactions to be downloaded into the register but it does sometimes happen.  It is far more common for this to happen with Deactivate/Reactivate.  Reset Account should be tried before Deactivate/Reactivate because of this.
    That being said if Update Now does not resolve the process and it has not self-resolved within a couple of  business days, then Reset Account or Deactivate/Reactivate is really about the only other options to resolve the connection issue.
    But deleting duplicate transactions does not need to be so complex that it takes hours to complete.  The following process can be completed in just a few minutes once you get the hang of it.:
    1. Back up your data file in case something goes wrong.
    2. In the Account Register:  Make sure all transactions are reconciled (marked R).  Do not delete any of these transactions.
    3. Do the Reset Account.
    4. Accept all the transactions that get downloaded.  This will mark them in the register as cleared (C).
    5. Review the most recent dated C transactions (only the ones downloaded since the last time you updated your account) to see if there are any you want to keep.  Mark those you want to keep as reconciled (R).
    6. Click on the "C" column header in the register to sort it by clearance status.
    7. Left click on the 1st transaction marked C in the register to shade it.
    8. Scroll down the list to the last transaction marked C.  While holding down Shift key left click on that transaction.  All of the C transactions should now be shaded.
    9. Right click anywhere on the shaded C transactions, left click on Delete and left click on Yes.
    10. All of the duplicate transactions should now be deleted.  Click on the Date column header to sort the register, again, by date.
    If Reset Account doesn't work, then try to Deactivate/Reactivate.
    Let me know how this worked for you or if you have any questions.

• dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭✭
    Thansk, I will wait a few more days and then try support again, still not working. And, nice to hear your approach is the way I have been dealing with it. Challenge is if it happens while I still have a couple transactions I have not reconciled yet, then I need to track which ones are real and which ones are repeats.

I asked on support once to alllow a shift click and delete in the downloaded transaction area which woudl be much easier. I did try reset account and that did not fix anything I got thet CC-501. I did not realize reset was different than deactivea reactivate. I have had it download old transactions after doing both.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    I just noticed that over the last couple of days there have been quite a few Alerts posted about different Credit Unions returning CC-501 error codes.  You can view them here: https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts.  It sounds like there might be some general problem with Credit Unions not updating during OSU. 
    You might want to contact Quicken Support to let them know you are having CC-501 problems, too, so Quicken's service provider is informed and also takes your credit union into account as they are working to resolve the issue.

• dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭✭
    This is still down a week later. How do I get this fixed, this is actually a pretty important function for me in managing my money and having it down for a week is not helpful. Tech support is closed today. With my work schedule its very hard to spend hours on the phone with the support mid week. Can Quicken just fix this please? I don't know if someone at Quicken monitors this community, but if you do please look into this and reboot the server or fix the firewall or whatever.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dan5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article regarding error CC-501, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate the issue and will then likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

If you are unable to call Quicken Phone Support during our weekday business hours, then I recommend that you try reaching out via Quicken Chat Support instead as they are also available on weekends.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.