Transaction download is changing opening balance of accounts

Options
uuyankee
uuyankee Member ✭✭
Running Quicken R36.23 for Windows. Updated today. After update I downloaded transactions from Chase and the process changed the opening balance record of several Chase accounts. This is the same problem that had been experienced by lots of people about a year age. Looks like the latest program update reintroduced the problem. Is anyone else having this recurrence?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @uuyankee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• M stich
    M stich Member ✭✭
    Options

So this is the most relevant discussion that is still open, trying not to open a new thread.

I had the problem 2 years ago ;

Happened again this month, Quicken R52.33. I would have hoped that this problem would have been fixed by now. At least this time I was prepared and knew where to look without spending inordinate amount of time pulling my hair out. To be fair, it was an account with Elan Financial Services, which Quicken has had a problem with for several weeks now. None the less, makes me fear that it will happen again.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my opinion Quicken should never change the opening balance without asking the user provided that the account isn't a new account. That really is the only time Quicken should make a guess at what the opening balance is, when it is a new account and not all of the transactions are available for downloading.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.