One or more file required for this feature are missing. Try installing Quicken again.

pt216
pt216 Member ✭✭
edited October 2021 in Investing (Windows)
1st post on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Still looking for answers on Thursday, October 28, 2021
I started here ---) Investing > Allocations > Asset> All> Accounts> Target > Set Target>
then the Error message is - - One or more file required for this feature are missing. Try installing Quicken again. Checking for update. I already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R35.31) program says I'm up tp date.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    pt216 said:
    I started here ---) Investing > Allocations > Asset> All> Accounts> Target > Set Target>
    then the Error message is - - One or more file required for this feature are missing. Try installing Quicken again. Checking for update. I already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R35.31) program says I'm up tp date.
    Please check the path above. What I see is Investing > Allocations > (Asset Allocation section) Change target

If you are describing a different path, please post back with the exact path that causes the problem.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    pt216 said:
    To Chris_QPW, On the Investing tab , under allocations screen where the Actual and the circle shows the total, and next to it is Target with the circle under it shows Set Target,

In the same box as the Under Allocations Actual and Set target is I clicked on “Show Allocation Guide” the same error message “One or more file required for this feature are missing. Try installing Quicken again.”

To UKR that would be Quicken Deluxe that's what I been using for sometime .

Thanks to all. I will do a complete clean install but before I do what will be the proper backup to save all my information.

When I did the recommended latest version of Quicken Release to R36.23 some of my accounts were renamed from past closed accounts , (in which I didn’t properly do a year end close) although my one step update accounts feature still works and is accurate .

I can’t rename those accounts or find anywhere to rename the accounts to what I was using before the latest version of Quicken Release.
    Guidance for the proper backup is provided from the Quicken Support documentation I suggested you might want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

To rename an account: open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, edit the Account name, and select OK

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken  
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    pt216 said:
    Please check the path above. What I see is Investing > Allocations > (Asset Allocation section) Change target

If you are describing a different path, please post back with the exact path that causes the problem.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note to everyone, there is a duplicate thread of this here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900237/investing-set-target-error-message
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Note: on a data file when the target allocation has never been set, the Target pie chart is 100% No asset class and the caption under the pie chart says Set Target.

Clicking on Set Target is supposed to take you to the Allocation Guide page, which is apparently what is not working for  @pt216. It works OK for me on a test file I set up a couple of years ago and never set the target allocation.

Any time the target allocation is set to 100% no asset class (which is called "Unclassified" in the Target Allocation popup, the caption under the pie chart reverts to Set Target and you see the Allocation Guide again when you click on it.
  • pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    To Chris_QPW, On the Investing tab , under allocations screen where the Actual and the circle shows the total, and next to it is Target with the circle under it shows Set Target,

In the same box as the Under Allocations Actual and Set target is I clicked on “Show Allocation Guide” the same error message “One or more file required for this feature are missing. Try installing Quicken again.”

Thanks to all. I will do a complete clean install but before I do what will be the proper backup to save all my information.

When I did the recommended latest version of Quicken Release to R36.23 some of my accounts were renamed from past closed accounts , (in which I didn’t properly do a year end close) although my one step update accounts feature still works and is accurate .

I can’t rename those accounts or find anywhere to rename the accounts to what I was using before the latest version of Quicken Release.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    pt216 said:

Guidance for the proper backup is provided from the Quicken Support documentation I suggested you might want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

To rename an account: open the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, edit the Account name, and select OK
  • pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock Sunday, October 31, 2021 Now I have Version R36.38, Build 27.1.36.38 the Investing > Allocations > Asset> All> Accounts> Target > Set Target> now works.

The update manual download made things worse but the clean install made it better. In reality should be called Try re - installing Quicken again

Going to work on this : I suggest you deactivate the Online Services associated with the register: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab and Deactivate. When you subsequently setup the Online Services, you'll be able to specify the new Customer ID. When Quicken provides the accounts found at the financial institution, be careful to link the account to the appropriate existing register. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870522/how-do-i-edit-the-customer-id-in-the-account-detail

Thanks To All and Be Safe