Downloaded transactions hardly match register entries like before

Options
Lately I've been noticing my Quicken (windows) app not recognizing 'very' similar transactions already entered in the register - sometimes with the same check number, not match up after being downloaded from my bank. Anyone else noticing this? Should I be enabling some kind of download setting for it to pick up on register entries?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @CG Smith

My experience has been that matching downloaded transactions to those already in a register is not an exact science.  There are a number of factors that can have an effect on the matching process, including the payee name, the transaction amount, and the transaction date.  And the Quicken application does utilize an algorithm to match transactions, but that is not foolproof.

Have you checked your settings for "downloaded transactions"?  Go to: "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Downloaded transactions".  The blue dot with the "?" in the bottom left provides some good information on the preferences and how they work. And the "Renaming Rules" button, will take you to your list of such rules.

And lastly, I have noticed that different financial institutions will download transactions that include much different data than others and that clearly affects the matching process.  As an example, I have found that Chase's downloaded data rarely automatically matches to most Quicken transactions, but that has been the exception that I've seen.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Rocheleaub1
    Rocheleaub1 Member
    Options
    I'm having a problem where downloaded transactions are matching to scheduled transactions incorrectly. I am having to be very careful when reviewing downloads since it is happening at least once or twice each time. If I catch it - it doesn't revert the scheduled transaction back to it's original date.
  • ajaykothari
    ajaykothari Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a similar experience. However, it seems to be more prevalent in some accounts. It started happening in the past couple of updates to the application.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ajaykothari,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in March, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.