Target Red Card downloads stopped working (MAC)

Options

Comments

• WaterLover
    WaterLover Member ✭✭
    Options
    For what it's worth, I've also registered a complain via secure message about discontinuing Quicken support. Hopefully we can get them to change their minds.
  • dmgold
    dmgold Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Same issue as everyone else. I have filed an error report with data files.

Quicken Mac user since 1993

• Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a specific Target telephone number people have called about this issue or just the normal customer service number. And has Target unlocking the account work at least for one download at a time?
  • Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @dmgold The earlier updates in this thread indicate that this is not an error or issue with Quicken Target made the choice to discontinue support for aggregators
  • tbear58203
    Options
    So it appears that using Target red card accounts no longer work in quicken. According to Target there was a change made by Quicken recently that has disabled the online account feature.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    So it appears that using Target red card accounts no longer work in quicken. According to Target there was a change made by Quicken recently that has disabled the online account feature.
    No, it was Target that made the change, and dropped the ability for all third-party aggregators (not just Quicken) to connect and pull in data. Quicken works with some 14,000 financial institutions, including almost all credit card companies. Either Target or the bank providing the card has made this decision not to allow third-party downloads.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    nhesness said:
    Introducing Simplifi by Quicken: The New Personal Finance App. Feb 2021. I suppose this is why there are download issues. First I heard of this. You’d think as user I have read about this.
    @nhesness Simplifi was launched by Quicken in January 2020. It doesn't affect existing Quicken desktop user at all, as it is a completely separate product. It is cloud-based personal finance software, somewhat like Mint, rather than desktop based software like Quicken. The existence of Simplifi has nothing to do with any download issues in Quicken. 

Quicken Management has said they intend to maintain both products, as some people (particularly younger users) want access-anywhere, in-the-cloud flexibility and the ability to access it from any web browser without the need for platform-specific software, while others want the security of keeping their data and passwords on their local computer and the more-robust tracking and reporting capabilities of the legacy Quicken desktop software. The two products are not compatible; data can't be moved from Quicken to Simplify or vise versa.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • chadwpalm75
    chadwpalm75 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    For me, this decision by Target not only affects Quicken, but also [Removed - Solicitation]. I use [Removed - Solicitation] religiously for budgeting and not being able to pull in my Target info makes that difficult. I guess I'll be using that card far less frequently now. I'll be adding to the complaints issued towards them.
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also sent a complaint to Target via a secure message. Got a generic response and they never once mention my problem with Quicken. Not expecting any action, but hoping one more voice may make a difference.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the Target website....

Q: How do I update my RedCard information in financial planning tools or data aggregators?
    A: Due to recent changes, your RedCard information won’t update automatically in third party financial planning tools. You’ll need to refresh the information manually. For steps to refresh your RedCard information, please contact your third party financial tool provider. If you would like to export your RedCard transactions, please see the Q&A below.

Please keep in mind, there are security risks in sharing your Manage My RedCard credentials with any third party. You are responsible for any transactions or activities performed, as well as any risks or losses that result from the sharing of your credentials.

Also, third party sites may have different privacy and security policies than we do. You should review the privacy and security policies of any third party website before you provide personal or confidential information.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    On the Target website....

jenngine posted this in its entirety in this thread on Monday.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R56.9 Build 27.1.56.9
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

• Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Would someone please post a link where we download the red card QFX transactions, where they saw the announcement by Target and and where we direct our complaints about this.
  • Sandi Spires
    Sandi Spires Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Liz Renninger said:
    > Would someone please post a link where we download the red card QFX transactions,

Log onto your redcard account (https://rcam.target.com/) , go to "Search Transactions", select a Time Period (I used a custom date range), then Export Results (choose format QFX).
  • Richard Anderson
    Options
    OUTRAGEOUS what Target RCAM did disallowing 3rd party aggregators from downloading transactions — ESPECIALLY doing it without informing their customers.

As far as security, what's a crook who gets into my RCAM account doing to do? Pay my bill for me? Can't charge anything with it. If Quicken can securely download information from my Schwab and WealthScape investor retirement accounts, it can surely be trusted to download RedCARD charges.
    _____

Target said I can go back to the old way of doing things, downloading transactions manually and load them into Quicken. I'm going to PASS on that.

Why? The line items downloaded from RCAM are pretty much useless. All they do is say it's something from Target.Com or Target (store) and the amount. No clue what the item is. (In contrast the Target.com app gives GREAT information detailing what you buy).

WHAT I'M GOING TO DO. 95% of my purchases from Target are groceries. If I buy something that's not groceries, I'll simply make a payment to RCAM with the appropriate category. I have autopay, so when they collect the balance at the end of the month it will be categorized as "groceries".
    ____

There's a similar problem with Best Buy Credit card. Great to get the 5 or 6% cashback (plus other benefits) but the CC statement gives very little informations.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s the reason why I stopped using cards from Synchrony Bank because they won’t download transactions. Also, Apple Credit Card also doesn’t allow Quicken downloaded transactions so I limit my Apple Card for that reason. I stick mostly with Chase Bank and American Express cards.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I am having same issue with Windows version. Last download was 11/12/21

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• fausto6000
    Options
    Does the downloading of the Target REDCARD stop working?
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options

If you have come to this discussion because you are having issues with Quicken downloading your Target RedCard account transactions, you won't find a solution or any help here. Instead, please follow the announcement posted on the Community board by @Quicken_Anja on Wednesday titled “Target National Bank (Red Card) CC-505/Error 105” and flag it to be notified of any updates on the issue. Link to this announcement is below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901735/new-11-17-21-target-national-bank-red-card-cc-505-error-105#latest

• Ribby Paultz
    Options
    According to Target CS, they switched from security question verification to one time passcode verification. Quicken is trying to answer our security questions when a passcode is needed. I'm trying to find where to delete my answers to the security questions in Quicken.
    Kohl's has a similar verification process where they text a passcode to be entered.
  • theepoet
    theepoet Member ✭✭
    Options
    If Target disabled downloads from Quicken, why does Quicken still list "Target Guest Card" as an option to add as an account? That should have been removed.
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm very unhappy about this. First it was Bank of America, so we cancelled those cards. But Target, we go to Target every day practically (it's our neighbor) and I like the 5% cashback. Though Discover is doing 5% cash back right now. And we pay Quicken every year to be able to do download transactions. Not happy at all.
  • MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    > @Sandi Spires said:
    > > @Liz Renninger said:
    > > Would someone please post a link where we download the red card QFX transactions,
    >
    > Log onto your redcard account (https://rcam.target.com/) , go to "Search Transactions", select a Time Period (I used a custom date range), then Export Results (choose format QFX).
    >
    >

I am getting an error when I tried to Import transactions exported from Target.com. I chose the date range of my most recent statement. The error is OL-221-A

EDIT - I was able to do a workaround so the download from QFX inports. I opening the QFX file in a text editor and replaced <REFNUM></REFNUM> with nothing.

I learned this trick from https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891801/target-credit-card-transactions-unable-to-import-error-ol-221-a

What a pain that Target bank hasn't fixed this since then.
  • Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the link. On the download issue, it’s Annoying that we’re having to jump through tech hoops to get the downloads to work. I’m used to doing this through Synchrony and now the Apple Card but I cancelled all the Synchrony cards and I rarely use the Apple Card for the same reason. I do like Target because of the 5% discount but will definitely think twice before using the card going forward unless they start doing Quicken updates downloads.
  • AnneT
    AnneT Member
    Options
    I have been having the same issue. I have complained to target on 2 separate occasions after being locked out of my Target account.
  • dennisk47
    dennisk47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same for me. Both times they said they did not know of any problem with Quicken.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    [Removed-Speculation] It appears to me that this problem started when Target changed from user/password/secret question authentication to user/password/2-Step Verification (commonly known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA). I have several accounts that use user/password/2FA. Verizon Wireless even uses user/password/secret question/2FA. Quicken is able to process downloads and bill updates for all these other accounts with no issues. Time will tell.

This discussion has been closed.