Is anyone having issues with not being able to reset old cloud data

INstructions say i should be able to reset cloud data, but that's not happening. I dont even have an option to delete old cloud accounts in delux, just reset (and that doesnt work). I just found 5 old cloud profiles on the mobile apps that I cannot delete.

I am hoping that is why the mobile synch has been awful and it keeps telling me the companion app is deleting my accounts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @johncrva,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing trouble.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide us with screenshots of the issues you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot.

Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resetting cloud data can resolve a lot of Cloud Account issues but it will not resolve all issues.  When it does not, then deleting the Cloud Account can be very effective and might be needed.
    To delete the Cloud Account(s):
    1. File > New Quicken File.
    2. During the new file set up, make sure that Mobile and Web Sync are turned on.
    3. There is no need to add any accounts to the file.
    4. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID.
    5. Look for the data file in the File Name column whose Cloud Account you want to delete.  Click on it to shade it, click on Delete and follow the prompts.  Repeat for other Cloud Accounts you might want to delete. 
    6. When done deleting the Cloud Account(s), open your main data file (which will automatically close this new TEST file).  Use your current Quicken ID & PW to sign in if Quicken prompts you to. 
    7. Quicken will then recreate the Cloud Account with fresh data.
    8. You will then likely need to set up and sync your Mobile and/or Web, again.
    If Cloud Account corruption was causing the Mobile problems you've been experiencing, this should eliminate those problems.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    thank you! my first issue was not even seeing the link to "see Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID", that link wasn't there until i set up the new file. unfortunately, my main could account and the new account i just made was all that was there. There are still 4 other cloud profiles associated with the login when I go to quicken mobile - but they aren't listed as "cloud profiles" meaning they are on MOBILE but they are not on DESKTOP. how can I delete from mobile? I really just want to clear all cloud data....any advice there?
  • johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    ok, so sick of this crap. synched everything and the totals dont match MOBILE and DESKTOP. mobile has it's own transactions, its won't synch. any advice?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    You can only see that link for "Cloud accounts associated with this Cloud ID" when Mobile & Web Sync is turned On.  If it is turned Off that link will not be visible. 
    Also, "Reset your cloud data" is under the Mobile & Web preference type but "Cloud accounts associated with this Cloud ID" is under the Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts preference type.  Being that they are not both shown under the same preference type can be confusing.
    I don't use Mobile so my expertise with this add-on app is very limited.  Perhaps the multiple Mobile profiles situation in this other thread is similar to yours?: Multiple Profiles Showing Up.  If it is, then note that the Alumni (she used to be a Moderator) suggested contacting Quicken Support to get the issue resolved.
    Regarding the Desktop and Mobile totals that don't match: I wish I could be of help on this.  Perhaps someone else with Mobile expertise will pipe in here with some suggestions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    thanks for the link, but it looks like quicken support is the only ones that can fix it. I have that same problem, windows doesn't shows one cloud account, quicken mobile shows 5. windows wont let me delete those old profiles.
This discussion has been closed.