The Transactions Payees that I down load from bank are assigned different payees in Quicken.

Options
The payee is McDonalds and shows that in the bank statement. But when reviewing my downloads the payee is a completely different payee. It is not transferring the paying from the down load to the quicken register.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exactly appears as Payee Name in the account register?
    Is there a Renaming Rule with this incorrect Payee Name that makes this incorrect change? If so, delete the Renaming Rule.
    Also please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.
  • chap511
    chap511 Member
    Options
    My bank register says 'Comet Cleaners' - the updated transaction in Quicken says "For Worth Endodontics"
    I have not memorized payee by that name but I paid that payee before.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you really review the rules in Tools / Renaming Rules?
    How did you make payment? Credit card payment or did you write and mail a check?
    Please change your account register to 2-line mode (press CTRL-2) and use the Register Columns icon to add the Downloaded Payee Name and Downloaded Memo columns to your register.
    When done, please capture one or more images of your register window showing these transaction(s), sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• chap511
    chap511 Member
    Options
    I already use the 2 line register. As I said before when I click update to down load from Banks and Credit card companies Quicken does not take the payee name from the financial institution, it changes the name to one of about three name, Paul Valley Travel, Fort Worth Endodontics and one other. I have no naming rules for these payees, so I don't know what Quicken does to use them?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• chap511
    chap511 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help and advice.
This discussion has been closed.