Pentagon Federal Credit Union download not working

Comments

• el_bajo
    el_bajo Member ✭✭
    Still not working despite stating it is resolved here (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902873/ongoing-12-9-21-pentagon-federal-credit-union-returns-cc-501-ccscrape-163-fdp-163-error). I attempted to reset my connection last week before I knew this was a widespread issue. So, now I need to set up the online connection again. However, every attempt to do that results in a CC-501 error.
  • el_bajo
    el_bajo Member ✭✭
    Like many others, I have been following the issue located here (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902873/ongoing-12-9-21-pentagon-federal-credit-union-returns-cc-501-ccscrape-163-fdp-163-error) closely. Today, it was stated this issue is resolved.

However, it is not, so please get back to work getting it fixed. When I try to get my PenFed account online setup working again, I am still getting a CC-501 error. FYI, I am having to do this due to failed account reset attempts I did last week before I knew this was a bigger issue (my accounts were set up online and working properly before this issue).
  • colonmiguel
    colonmiguel Member ✭✭
    The ticket was marked as solved but the issue is still the same. Error CC-501
  • Working fine for me. Logs me in, downloads correct balance and missing transactions.
  • BradClarke
    BradClarke Member ✭✭
    If you've been trying over and over while it was down you may need to do some legwork to reset things. Start with waiting until tomorrow, then go through their normal troubleshooting steps (call support if you need help, you paid for it).
  • scondas
    scondas Member ✭✭
    FWIW, I deactivated online update on all of my Pentagon FCU accounts and then did a new "Set up Now...". It worked for me starting today.
  • el_bajo
    el_bajo Member ✭✭
    That's exactly what I am trying to do, and I am getting the CC-501 with that initial connection after entering my user ID and password to set up the account from scratch.

To confirm, one-step update is still working for all other accounts. It's just PenFed that still has issues.
  • Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    Getting same CC-501 error.
  • Hello @el_bajo,

Please be sure t deactivate all accounts and then reconnect them.

Please let us know if your issue persists.

Quicken Alyssa

• mitch cohen
    mitch cohen Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    I have been unable to connect to PFCU for weeks now ... with a cc-501 error.  I have bookmarked and been tracking the issue (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20224646#Comment_20224646) and have left it bookmarked.

Today, "Quicken Alyssa" marked the ticket "Resolved" and stated "This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this."  ... which makes little sense (that's why people are clicking "Not helpful."

Then, on a chat with helpful Jose, I was told that the problem is resolved for people with the new type of connection ("FDP") but not for the people using the old connection ("FDS").  It would be helpful if Quicken Alyssa was more helpful in her response (since it makes no sense).

I'm a (very) long time Quicken user and still have no idea whether my connection/data file is using FDP or FDS ... I suppose I'm learning that mine is FDS.  But to mark the problem resolved when there are still many users who cannot connect to their bank is not valid or even honest.  I expect better of Quicken - tell the users how to determine if their data file is FDP or FDS and then state clearly that one is resolved and the other is still in work.

• jcm
    jcm Member ✭✭
    I still cannot connect to my accounts at Pentagon Federal Credit Union. The open notification was marked as resolved this morning, so maybe this is a different error, but the result is the same. No Connection.
  • drindeale
    drindeale Member ✭✭
    The PenFed issue still exists, not allowing reactivate.
  • @drindeale,

Thank you for coming to the Community and adding to this discussion.

Please be specific as to what you are attempting and what exactly happens when you do this, so we can effectively assist you. If it's not too much trouble, can you provide screenshots?

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    No errors on download, no transactions. Account list says last download "Not avalialable". Still trying to add new account, get CC-501. Despite the ticket being closed, this is not fixed. Please advise on an outlook.
  • BobR87
    BobR87 Member ✭✭
    Also still seeing the same issue being unable to download transactions at Pentagon FCU. I am running Quicken Deluxe on Windows 10. I wonder how Quicken determined the problem was resolved although they did suggest that some users are still having this problem. Seems a bit contradictory.
  • @mitch cohen,

Quicken Alyssa here! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community and report the issues that you are having.

I am sorry that you felt that the update on the alert for PenFed that I posted did not make sense. We leave the alerts up for a week after they have been marked resolved. This way, people can still see the alert and inform us if they are still experiencing the issue, as you have done here. 

The internal alert does not specify the issue is resolved for FDS or FDP only. I do not know what information Jose was privy to that the rest of us are not. 

I can, however, tell you whether or not you are on FDS or FDP. It looks like you have three active datasets. Below are the names of your data files and what they are on. 

Doug.QDF - FDS
    Hudak.QDF - FDP
    mitchcpy.QDF - FDP

It appears that your PenFed accounts are on the Doug.QDF data file. To force the migration of this file, you can delete your cloud dataset and create a new one. 

First, you will need to make sure that you are not in the "Doug" file. Once you are in one of your other files, use this Knowledge Base article with steps on how to delete your "Doug" dataset. 

Once you have done that you can go into the "Doug" file and sync it to the Quicken Cloud. This will create a new dataset that will now be on FDP. You can then try reconnecting your accounts again. 

Do let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Jay C
    Jay C Member ✭✭✭
    I was getting the 501 error but now am getting a 503 error, and I know my login information is correct. So incredibly frustrating...
  • wolfere
    wolfere Member ✭✭
    I am still getting the 501 error. I don't think the issue is resolved.
  • el_bajo
    el_bajo Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa, my only previously-linked PenFed account is deactivated. As I stated above, it got deactivated when I tried to reset it during the downtime and didn't know there was a widespread issue. The only option I have on that account is to "Set Up Online." It is when I try to do that I get the CC-501 error still. The issue is not resolved.
  • el_bajo
    el_bajo Member ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of the error after I enter my credentials and it fails.
  • AllanDB
    AllanDB Member ✭✭
    I am also still receiving the CC-501 error. This has been happening for weeks and is a real problem. This issue is not resolved, not by a long shot.
  • Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭
    Same problem, the issue is not resolved.
  • Rickd83
    Rickd83 Member ✭✭
    No errors on downloading accounts, but accounts for Pentagon Federal Credit Union are not updating in Quicken.
  • dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    > @wolfere said:
    > I am still getting the 501 error. I don't think the issue is resolved.

Same for me my issue is not resolved
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried resetting one of my accounts yesterday, now it is no longer connected to Pentagon and get oops error when trying to reconnect account. When I updated this morning received an error saying account was deleted and tried it again. Balances updated but no transactions have come down. Quicken/Pentagon please work together to get this fixed!
  • mmorales_2
    mmorales_2 Member ✭✭
    I can finally connect to all 5 accounts and pay billls through the Quicken Bill Pay registered checking account. Unfortunately none of my transactions download even though it says 6 accounts says where checkked on One Step Update. Today is Dec 17th. I may call you today
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I deactived all my Penfed accounts and @el_bajo has the same image as I do, no need to be redundant, CC-501 error and won't allow me to activate my accounts at all now. If this is some sort of DNS issue or IP address change that will take a day or two to propagate-let us know an ETA of when it will be fixed and working. Or does Resolved mean it's been blown off by Quicken? :-) Please remove Resolved Status @QuickenAlyssa
  • hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    No change here.
  • mlinberger
    mlinberger Member ✭✭
    Same problem, still cannot update. Still receiving the CC-501 error.
This discussion has been closed.