Pentagon Federal Credit Union download not working

1234568»

Comments

• Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    My PFCU accnts status in Quicken - Update. Y'day, finally, the main dataset/profile info was migrated to the 'new' server under Support monitoring. It was an experience to see the real-time revisions/changes even as I was 'texting' error info to Support. In the end, the errors appear to be resolved - perhaps due to the 'escalation' process successfully migrated. Just a few mins ago, I had to Reset/Deactivate/Setup Online for ALL accounts in Quicken to download and reconcile balances. While I am lucky to deal with very low 'double-digit' accounts, I can appreciate others who have more concerns with complex configurations. Quicken should really plan ahead to avoid such large scale disruptions in future!
  • @hansenb40,

Please try deactivating the accounts and reconnecting them.

As you can see based on others' comments, this issue has been resolved for some. So we should be able to get yours working as well!

Do let us know if this works to get your transactions or not, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa Reset the accounts and I'm getting transactions. I am not getting bills for PenFed and two other institutions however for about a week. If you could advise on that (see https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904362/pentagon-federal-credit-union-not-downloading-bills#latest ) I would appreciate your help. Each of these institutions have an outstanding bill that can be downloaded. Penfed has three.
  • mhawrysko
    mhawrysko Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa I contacted support and they told me my data file would be migrated by Monday. Is this the reason I can do WebConnect but not download transactions yet? When it is migrated fully will I be fully functional? Thanks for your help.
  • @mhawrysko,

Yes, you should be fully functional when your migration has been completed. 

You can test this out in a new (test)file. If everything works in the new file, you can expect it will work after your migration. 

Quicken Alyssa

• PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    Well I'm back. Got the 501 error back again twice today on PenFed and Once for Chase. SMH.
  • Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    @mhawrysko, In my experience, that is what was successful. I too kept trying to download transactions without any luck. Finally, when Support initiated/triggered the Migration, the connection/download errors went away. And, somehow, transactions began to trickle in. However, to fully verify and validate the downloads and reconcile balances (register vs online), I opted to deactivate EVERY account (e.g., PFCU) from the Account List (including showing hidden ones) -> Exit Q (perhaps clears 'cobwebs' or cache) -> do the Online Setup process. Please make sure that the 'Link To Existing' option is properly confirmed. Otherwise you will end up with duplicate entries & a huge mess! I was also told to check the CONTACT INFO of the Institution via Online Center. In this display, the dates should be TODAY (and not some crazy default value), so that the downloads (as of TODAY) will be processed. Apologies for the long comment, but this is what I had to do today. ATB!
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I am haing same issue with Penfed.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• AllenW
    AllenW Member ✭✭
    Just to follow up from my comment a couple days ago:

I was able to re-add my PFCU accounts. I was able to link them to my existing Quicken accounts and it even downloaded transactions.

Not sure if creating a new test profile and connecting it via Mobile Sync helped push it along, but that's the only thing I did (aside from attempting to reset/remove/add the online component to the account).

Good luck to everyone attempting to get connected again.
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Quicken Alyssa Any ideas on why my 501 came back and has seemed to break Chase too?

What's this file migration and how do I make it happen? Is that my next step?
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭✭
    Well I just tried my third transaction download of the day and both PenFed and Chase errors disappeared and I got a PF transaction. Oy!
  • Christopher Reed
    Christopher Reed Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa I have tried the procedure you have outlined multiple times with no success. I have deactivated accounts and attempted to reconnect and still get 501 error.
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    Pen Fed CC501 Error. Shares (savings)/Visa won't update. Says it can't find checking accounts.
  • @PricklyPete,

Thank you for the update, though I am sorry to hear that the CC-501 has returned for you. 

As far as the migration is concerned, yours has been completed and shows no issue occurred. I also am not seeing the CC-501 on your PFCU accounts from my end. Please check for any PFCU accounts that are old/hidden that could be causing this issue. 

Do let me know how this goes. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• @Christopher Reed,

Thank you for adding your update to the discussion. 

You file has not been migrated. If you have already followed the steps that I have suggested earlier in this thread for migrating your file, and checking the location of the file, and it has still not been migrated, you will need to Contact Support so they can escalate the issue and determine what caused this to happen. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience, and that I am unable to correct this for you from my end. However, the phone support team will be happy to walk you through this process. They will gather the necessary information and the escalation team should have your migration complete within 72 hours. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• @JstLukng,

When we see "account not found" that would usually indicate that the customer needs to grant third-party access from the financial institutions website. However, I am not aware of PFCU being one that requires this. 

Please open a new (test)file and try adding your PFCU accounts there. I want to verify that you can add the accounts in a new file without any issues before troubleshooting the issue in your current data file. 

Here is a Knowledge Base article that gives steps on how to open a new file. once the file is open, add PFCU accounts and let me know how this goes. 

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    @Greg Brown,

I looked into your profile and found that your file's migration to the new servers has failed. Unfortunately, I cannot correct this from my end. I need you to call Quicken Support so they can gather the necessary information and escalate this issue. Once that is done the escalation team should have your file migration finished within 72hours. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• MRA
    MRA Member
    I've been having similar issues with PenFed for the past month as well. I tried to deactivate and reactive my accounts for PenFed today. It looks like my 2 savings accounts are ok now, but my mortgage account is now not seen by Quicken when it connects. It looks likes Quicken then made this account one that is no longer managed online on my end. How can I get my mortage account set up properly now?
  • Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    @MRA, I would suggest looking into you Quicken entry (account details; number, website etc.,) for PFCU Mortgage. There may be multiple scenarios, depending on how your arrangement for making periodic payments is configured (e.g., autopay vs your options for resource, etc). PFCU changed how they dealt with the mortgage accounts a few years ago, until which time it was possible to download transactions just like savings/checking accounts. Currently, the mortgage account mimics Brokerage Account configuration. Good Luck in resolving your issues!
  • JstLukng
    JstLukng Member ✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa. Sorry for the delayed response. I created a new test file. With my PenFed login, it should have created 16 accounts however it did not download the four checking accounts. With my wife's login, quicken downloaded the three checking accounts (2 are joint accounts which are accessible by both logins) and the rest of her other accounts. So after doing both logins, I'm missing two checking accounts.
  • @mitch cohen,

I apologize for the delayed response. 

Can you please try enabling the cloud sync in your Quicken and then reconnecting your PenFed accounts? I am curious to see if this gives you different results.

Do let us know the results of this, thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• @JstLukng,

Were you able to confirm whether or not PFCU requires third-party access permission approval? It seems strange that only those two joint accounts are posing the issue. I think it will be best to have you contact PFCU and ask if those accounts are restricted in some way or if they need permissions granted. 

Do let us know what they say.

Quicken Alyssa

• @MRA,

The migration of your data file failed. To resolve this you will need to contact Quicken Support by phone. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Quicken Alyssa

• djsmith
    djsmith Member ✭✭
    I have a similar issue. I was having trouble with my penfed accounts in December. I deactivated my accounts. Now all of my accounts are working except my checking. When I try to activate download, it accepts my credentials, finds my accounts, but comes up, Don't add to Quicken. No error code.
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    @djsmith check that you have actually deactivated checking account, then remove account number, routing number, and customer ID under account details general. Then try to add checking account again. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.