Edit/Delete an online payee account number

Trying to edit an on-line payee from my list (Tools>Online payee list>delete). I can neither edit or delete the payee. I receive the message, "Quicken cannot edit an online payee for which there are repeating online payments. Delete any repeating or scheduled online payments that use this payee then delete the payee". Same thing happens when I attempt to Delete the payee. I don't show any pending payments to this payee on my register, nor do any show up in my "Bills and Income" tab.

All I need to do is update the account number on a payee, but this is driving me crazy.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something obvious?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @glenn153

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I wonder if we're able to find some in the online center. To do this you'll want to go across the top to tools > online center > across the top to repeating payments. From here check to see if we're able to find any repeating payments set up. If we are we should be able to delete them so that we're able to fix the issue you're having. 

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes. if you're not able to delete the bill still let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks, 

Quicken Francisco

• rasar42
    rasar42 Member ✭✭
    I just ran into the same problem as OP, while trying to edit/re-create the Online Payee for the same reason.

Was the issue ever addressed or resolved ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rasar42,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in January, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.