What can be done about the new formatting error in the Category Summary by Month Report (Q Mac)

BellaVistaChuck
BellaVistaChuck Member
edited January 2022 in Reports (Mac)
I am running MacOS version 12.0.1, and upgraded to Quicken software version 6.5.1 on Dec 29th. After the successful update, I ran and tried to use the Category Summary by Month Report. I have used this report for months, but now there is a serious formatting issue with this specific report.
ISSUE: When the report is first displayed, the Date/Totals column settings are identical to the respective data columns -- which they should be. HOWEVER, when you scroll in any direction, the link between Date/Totals, and Data is broken. The result is the data column widths become smaller so the data is no longer displayed directly under the correct Date/Totals Column. For example, the data for November is displayed under December, December data is under the Total Column, and the Total Data is displayed under a blank column. This is worst case and really confusing but even March data is displayed under the April data.

I reported this on Dec 29th to Customer Support (Ticket ID 9101179) which was closed after I was told to replace the datafile from one from before the Software Update was installed. At that time all looked okay, but a little later after the Ticket was closed, the same issue reappeared.

SUMMARY, what can I do to correct this formatting issue? I really don't want to have to print the report, put it together and then link data to dates on the paper every time I try to use this report.

Answers

• Hi @BellaVistaChuck,

Thank you for contacting the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue and I understand that it can be frustrating. 

In order to better help us find a resolution, I require some more information. By 'replacing the datafile', do you mean that support walked you through 'restoring a backup'? Or did they have you do a QFX export/import? 

I look forward to hearing your response.

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I restored a recent Backup F with Customer Support watching my actions live.
  • Backup File
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @BellaVistaChuck,

Thank you for your response. Could you please upload screenshots of what occurs so I can have a better idea of what is going on? I have attached a FAQ regarding uploading screenshots.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Also, if you do not have the option to add attachments then you can drag and drop screenshots to your response instead. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2021
    @BellaVistaChuck @Quicken Jasmine

This bug has been acknowledged and reproduced by the QMac product manager and will be fixed in an upcoming release. Reference:

December 29
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @RickO

Thank you for reaching out to update us with this additional information. We appreciate the assistance. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September
  • Thank you for getting this on the list to be fixed!
  • Hi @BellaVistaChuck,

Thank you for your response, we surely appreciate it. Please let us know how this goes after the next update is released. 

Enjoy the rest of your day, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.