Is R37.62 a staged release? Available to all users? What?

It looks like release information is not longer being updated at

The last entry instructed to hold off updating to R37.xx.  Is this still the case?
Please bring back update announcements.
Updates are getting confusing and too frequent.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Version R37.62 is a staged release. I also went ahead and posted an update in the release post you referenced.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good questions and request.  I've submitted a request to get a Moderator to reply here.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just selected Download Latest Version and got R37.62.  So, it looks like they are back to the R37 branch and that it is in staged release mode (and hasn't been paused yet).
    Here a partial list of the release notes with it:

Version R37.62 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · For Schwab customers, some investment transactions were missing information.
    · For Schwab customers, running Validate and Repair File for files with both an investment and banking account resulted in the banking account sometimes getting deactivated.
    · Users with closed or hidden accounts had issues with reauthorization and account deletion.
    · A crash was sometimes occurring when One Step Update downloaded bill information.
    · Other issues related to crashes and synchronization.
    Version R37.52 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · Several issues that were resulting in crashes for some users.
    Version R37.37 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · Errors related to deactivating or reauthorizing accounts.
    · An issue causing some Quicken instances to crash.
    Version R37.25 (Nov, 2021)
    Improvements
    · The recently introduced Modern Dashboard now features more links to allow you to work directly with transactions, especially categorization. There are improvements to the look and feel as well as drag & drop and show & hide functionality for cards. Minor display and usage issues were also resolved.
    · Multiple improvements to bill presentment and payment including:
    o The All Bills filter will list all payees added to the Bills & Income dashboard
    o Improvements to the reliability of PDF statements displayed for billers
    o A new Payable Items filter will help you find payees that you can quickly pay from within Quicken - includes Quick Pay, Check Pay, and Bank Bill Pay payees.
    o For Check Pay payments, you can now view both the Send Date and the Estimated Delivery Date on the dashboard.
    o If a scheduled Quick Pay payment fails, the schedule will now reflect that the current payment still needs to be made.
    o Opt-in SMS alerts will now be offered after you make your first Quick Pay or Check Pay payment.
    o Bills with the status “awaiting next bill” will no longer display when you use the Due Date filter.
    o You can more easily set up a Check Pay payment to a Quick Pay biller from the register.
    o Corrected issues calculating the balance in the Bills, Income & Transfers calendar display.
    o Improved error messaging
    · Multiple improvements to our investment tool including:
    o Buttons and links in Simple Investing display that allow you to update a securities Share Price and Cash Value.
    o Buy/Sell indicators on the Price History / Market value graph now include reinvestments, display improvements, and an increased limit to the number of changes tracked.
    o You can now choose to hide or show a few specific columns in the investment register.
    What's fixed
    · An issue in which displaying the Quicken calculator prevented the use of Quicken’s search features.
    · An issue in which the Merge Category option did not display when you right-clicked on an unused category.
    · Issue syncing hidden, separated, and deleted account changes with Quicken on the Web and Quicken Resolved other sync issues including some text visibility issues.
    · An issue in which changing the type of certain investment transactions could result in duplicate transactions.
    · Issues synchronizing with Quicken on the Web when the last account has been deleted. 
    · An issue in which an incorrect request for a password was appearing during the update process.
    · An issue in the Portfolio View in which closed lots amounts displayed when an account was added to the view, even though the option to show closed lots had not been selected.
    · An issue in which enabling a manual account for download could result in an incorrect count of “transactions downloaded”
    · An issue with screen refreshing during reconciliation when marking transactions cleared.
    · Removed the "0" in the Shares column of the Security Detail View when displaying transactions such as Div, that do not need a “0”.
    · The Stack View on the Bills or Bills, Income & Transfers tab did not show the next immediate upcoming instance as the default.
    · The Portfolio View showed closed lots amounts when an account was added to the view and the option to show closed lots was not selected.
    Version R36.57 (Dec, 2021)
    What’s Improved
    · Updated tax rates for 2022. This includes new rules for medical and dental expenses as well as mileage rates.
    · Updated Credit Score tool to handle new security and verification requirements from Equifax.

What's fixed
    · An issue in which some investment accounts connected through Express Web Connect did not delete correctly.
    Version R36.56 (Dec, 2021)
    What’s Improved
    · Flow of account authorization and reauthorization.

What's fixed
    · An issue where bond and other non-equity prices weren’t updated when downloading Schwab accounts.
    · An issue with transactions not appearing in Compare to Register immediately after reauthorizing a Schwab account.
    · Handling of downloaded securities without symbols in Simple Investing.
    Version R36.54 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · An issue in which, for Charles Schwab users with multiple accounts, in unusual circumstances some transactions could be downloaded to the incorrect account. Note: customers who experienced this issue can correct previously downloaded transactions using “Move Transactions” from the gear menu for the investment register.

Version R36.48 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · Issues with account logins, deactivations, and reauthorizations related to Charles Schwab account migration.
    · Issues displaying account balances in the register for some Charles Schwab and Capital One customers.
    Version R36.45 (Nov, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · Issues deactivating direct connect investment accounts.
    · Connection issue with Charles Schwab resulting in missing transactions.
    · Issues syncing investment accounts between desktop and mobile/web.
    Version R36.41 (Nov, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · Issue downloading bond buys/sells from Charles Schwab.
    · Issue syncing IRA investing accounts.
    Version R36.38 (Oct, 2021)
    Improvements
    · We’re updating the infrastructure used to connect Quicken to financial institutions, making it more secure and reliable. This is part of a long-term rollout that started in the last release. We have updated the connection infrastructure to Charles Schwab. Customers with Charles Schwab should update now to continue downloading transactions. You will need this version to take advantage of this new connection. The old Charles Schwab connection will be discontinued, so you should upgrade immediately.
    What's fixed
    · An issue in which bills that were in the Awaiting next bill status were not shown on the Bills dashboard.
    Version R36.23 (Oct, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · Issues with categories appearing for new retail users.
    · An issue in which some investment accounts that had been converted from Simple Investing to Complete Investing were converted back to Simple Investing due to a preference change.
    Version R36.17 (Sep, 2021)
    Improvements
    · We are updating our connectivity with financial institutions to improve the speed, security, and reliability of downloading transactions. This includes improvements to the process for adding investment accounts.
    What's fixed
    · An issue in which Quicken crashed when deleting the last account in a synchronized data file.
    Version R35.31 (Aug, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · An issue in which new users were unable to switch to the Classic Dashboard in Quicken Starter.
    Version R35.26 (Aug, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · An issue with the new dashboard appearing as blank after using tabs to navigate away from the dashboard then back to the dashboard.
    · A mismatch in the Top Spending Categories data in the classic dashboard versus the modern dashboard.
    · An issue creating a sanitized data file when a data file password existed.
    · An issue with crashes occurring during exports.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Version R37.62 is a staged release. I also went ahead and posted an update in the release post you referenced.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Fatman985
    Fatman985 Member ✭✭
    I have Windows 10 Quicken Premier and when I check for updates Quicken responds that I already have the latest version R36.57 yet, apparently the most recent release is R37.62. I'm confused.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    R37.62 is not released to all users.  It's in a validation stage.  R36.57 is the latest version available to all users and passed the validation stages.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    And the hot fix R37.62 has a hot fix (which is also isn't yet released to everyone) R37.65:

Version R37.65 (Dec, 2021)
    What's fixed
    · An issue that prevented manual transactions from appearing in the register until after a reverse-date sort.
    Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    I suggest that if you have not updated to R37.XX, then don't be too anxious to do that.  There are a number of reports from people who did update to R37.XX with issues like investment accounts changed from Complete Investing to Simple Investing, default data entry transactions being at the top of the register instead of at the bottom of the register, check numbers for reconciled transactions being deleted and transactions that were downloaded but not visible anywhere yet the account register account balance takes them into account.  These things happened to me and after spending 8 hrs trying to troubleshoot and fix them I gave up, reverted to R36.57 and restored a back-up from before the R37.XX update.  Now it's all OK for me.  IMO, there is something very wrong with R37.XX.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that if you have not updated to R37.XX, then don't be too anxious to do that.
    The funky part of this is that isn't what is currently being "requested".  If one is currently on a R37 version, they are now getting a request to "update" to R36.  So, this isn't really a matter of if one should upgrade, but whether they should downgrade.

It is my opinion that given the chaotic releasing of patches that Quicken Inc is going through that if one isn't having any problems, they should just stay on what they have whether it be R36.* or R37.* until Quicken Inc finally gets their act together.
    Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    Chris_QPW said:
    I suggest that if you have not updated to R37.XX, then don't be too anxious to do that.
    The funky part of this is that isn't what is currently being "requested".  If one is currently on a R37 version, they are now getting a request to "update" to R36.  So, this isn't really a matter of if one should upgrade, but whether they should downgrade.

It is my opinion that given the chaotic releasing of patches that Quicken Inc is going through that if one isn't having any problems, they should just stay on what they have whether it be R36.* or R37.* until Quicken Inc finally gets their act together.
     I should have qualified my last post to say that it appears to be working reasonably well for a number of Schwab customers.  And I should have stated that the problems being encountered are not universal.  So, yes, I agree with you on everything in your comment....if whatever version you are on is working well for you, then stay with it for now.

• Dave493
    Dave493 Member ✭✭
    > @Fatman985 said:
    > I have Windows 10 Quicken Premier and when I check for updates Quicken responds that I already have the latest version R36.57 yet, apparently the most recent release is R37.62. I'm confused.

Yet somehow I seem to be running 37.64. Go figure.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dave493 said:
    > @Fatman985 said:
    > I have Windows 10 Quicken Premier and when I check for updates Quicken responds that I already have the latest version R36.57 yet, apparently the most recent release is R37.62. I'm confused.

Yet somehow I seem to be running 37.64. Go figure.
    If one counts all the staged releases you have all of these for December, and I might even be missing some:
    R36:
    .48, .54, .57

R37:
    .37, .62, .64, .65
    Signature: