Add etrade stock plan (ESPP & RSU)

virpio
virpio Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Hi,

I am new to quicken and am trying to import all my banks' data. I was able to set up my Bank of America accounts and also managed to manually import the data from my Apple Card (I think auto update is not available there yet?).

I tried logging in to etrade and was presented with a bunch of different etrade banks. I finally was able to log in with the etrade quicken login (not sure how that's different from the other etrade accounts). However it only shows my brokerage account and added that. I am unable to add my ESPP & RSU account that is under the same login. It just doesn't seem to list it.

I also seem to be unable to find any way to manually download and then add that data into quicken. How would I add that data to Quicken, at least the money that's already vested and sellable by me?

Thanks,
—Michael
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    ESPPs and RSUs are, like 401Ks, private plans.  The employers have contracts set up with the brokerages to hold and administer the plans.  Those contracts specify whether or not the brokerage is to support them with Quicken.  Some do but many do not because of the additional cost to the plan for doing that.
    The first step I would take is to contact the plan's administrator to find out if eTrade should be supporting Quicken. 
    Or I might try to contact eTrade.  Maybe someone there will know whether the plans are set up for Quicken.  In your online account or on a recent statement there should be a phone number and perhaps a name to contact. 
    If someone can confirm that you should be able to download into Quicken, perhaps that person can also let you know how to set up the download.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2021
    (Deleted comment because it was appropriate for Quicken Windows but not Quicken Mac.)

• 2022 here. Sorry I don’t have an answer but piggybacking. Same problem. Is there any way to achieve this?
  • rcubes
    rcubes Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Please help.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    ESPPs and RSUs are, like 401Ks, private plans.  The employers have contracts set up with the brokerages to hold and administer the plans.  Those contracts specify whether or not the brokerage is to support them with Quicken.  Some do but many do not because of the additional cost to the plan for doing that.
    The first step I would take is to contact the plan's administrator to find out if eTrade should be supporting Quicken. 
    Or I might try to contact eTrade.  Maybe someone there will know whether the plans are set up for Quicken.  In your online account or on a recent statement there should be a phone number and perhaps a name to contact. 
    If someone can confirm that you should be able to download into Quicken, perhaps that person can also let you know how to set up the download.

• rcubes
    rcubes Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Boatnmaniac, Will try the option suggested.
  • AlfaCharlie
    AlfaCharlie Member ✭✭
    @virpio - I am facing the same issue. I talked to E-Trade and they claimed that this was on Quicken side not on their side. I tried then to set up the RSUs and NSOs in Quicken Mac only to discover that Quicken Mac does not support those investments. Long life to Excel!
  • Same problem here. If this is a Quicken Mac limitation, that's quite disappointing.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Apparently this is a Quicken Mac limitation.  If you have not already done so, you might want to read this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904183/adding-espp-rsu-for-quicken-mac.
    There is an open product idea that is under consideration to add this capability to Quicken Mac:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7337810/add-capability-to-enter-stock-options-restricted-stock-grants-in-quicken-mac-63-legacy-votes#latest.  I suggest you go to the first post of this idea thread and cast your vote for it.  The more people who vote for an idea the more likely Quicken will act upon it.

This discussion has been closed.