Express Web Connect Not Downloading Transactions from Truist

The transactions from Truist checking and savings will only download when the Express Web Connect is reset. The connection needs to be reset each time for downloads to work.

Comments

• mark33323
    mark33323 Member
    Quicken Deluxe

Version: R37.67
    Build: 27.1.37.67

Windows 10 Enterprise
  • mark33323
    mark33323 Member
    I have tried Deactivate and Activate and the issue was not fixed.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mark33323,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from being unable to update and needing to deactivate/reactivate to download successfully, do you also happen to be receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you could provide us with here, please? 

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mark33323
    mark33323 Member
    There is no error code displayed. Perhaps there is a log file that I can check.
    No transactions are downloaded, when there are new transactions at the bank.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @mark33323

Thank you for your response. Since there are no error codes/messages and I am unable to replicate the issue could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a backup of your current file.

For the test file select File >New Quicken File >OK. On the pop-up window type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created add your Truist account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes. If you run into any errors please be specific. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @wbone

Thank you for your feedback and insight on this issue. For this instance, I would recommend clearing the account number, deactivating it, and go through the process of "adding" the account so that there is a new discovery. Once the correct account is found it should give you the option of linking your account. Before starting the process please make a backup of your current file. 

To start select Tools >Account List >Edit account details. On the General tab clear/delete the Account Number section and click OK. A visual example is below.

Next, select Tools >Add account and type in your financial institution. Go through the prompts of entering your bank credentials and any security questions/verification. Once it finds the appropriate account you should get the drop-down arrow, where you can select "Link to existing account". 

When you have a chance please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @wbone

Thank you for your response, although we apologize you are having this persisting issue. Could you please submit a bug report? This can be done by selecting Help >Report a problem. 

When you have a moment please submit a bug report with the log files and let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • mthomas
    mthomas Member
    Same problems here since update to 37.67. No downloads to web express connect or web express connect+ accounts. Direct connect accounts download fine. Will a bug report and log files add any info to the problem?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @wbone

Thank you for your response and pardon the delay in mine. Could you please attempt to deactivate the account(s) affected? For instructions please click here. 

Once you have deactivated the affected account(s) please make a copy of the file? To do this select File >Copy or backup file >Create a copy or template. A visual example is below. 

On the next pop-up window, click "Save a copy" (I would suggest leaving the information unchanged unless you feel inclined to change the dates of the information included). In the next prompt please select the new copy. 

Once the copy has been created please reconnect your account(s) and attempt an update. Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @wbone

I did read the post above. However, there are times when the file may be corrupt and copying or exporting the file tends to help on occasions. Although, there is still the possibility that a corruption may transfer into the new file. 

Could you please attempt the steps from the Help Article linked below?

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

When you have a moment please attempt these steps and let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @wbone

Thank you for the response. I have sent you a message with further instructions. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

Thanks again! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • I have had the same problems with express web connect. I found with multiple accounts to the same company, all of them have to be deactivated first before re-activating them. wbone, I also experienced the same problem with a credit card account not deactivating. In my case it was CapitalOne. Once I deactivated all the other CapitalOne accounts I was able to deactivate the Credit card account. Then I activated them.

Although there was yet another issue when activating. It never gave me the chance to link it to existing accounts. It created new accounts. That didn't happen with other companies.

Let me know if that helps.
  • 70Mach_One
    70Mach_One Member ✭✭
    Having a similar issue with my bank account. Using Web express connect I only get a few items to download (sometimes 2 or 3 out of 15 available transactions). Resetting the account does not help. I have been manually adding transactions for a month now. Just built a brand new Windows 10 box, freshly downloaded Quicken and linked to my bank. All of the transactions came down for the last 90 days. First download via Web express connect the next day, only 1 of 15 transactions downloaded. Been using quicken for over a decade and this just started happening 2 months ago. Called tech support 3 times and walked through many steps with them to find the missing transactions, however, the problem just begins again at the next download. Has to be a bug! :-(
  • wbone, sorry to hear it wasn't any help. I have talked to someone else that uses Quicken who said that for him deactivate/activate is routine with express webconnect accounts. Definitely a bug or multiple bugs with it.
  • 70Mach_One
    70Mach_One Member ✭✭
    Forgot to mention. Tech Support had me run "Validate/Repair File" as well (no errors were found). They also had me create a copy of my file, then create a brand new file, and once again all transactions for the last 90 days downloaded. Next day, use Web connect and the process starts all over again. And its not like it is not connecting (the online balance updates and I usually get a transaction or even a few to download), but when you have 15 or more in a single day, it is quite manually intensive to hand enter those that are missed. Quicken Tech Support, please let me know if you would like me to demonstrate this issue or if you have other ideas on how to resolve!
  • 70Mach_One
    70Mach_One Member ✭✭
    New day, same problem, only a couple of transactions actually download (when there are more than 10 available). All of the suggestions above have been tried. Can any of the moderators suggest something different or at least confirm this bug (I say this because multiple people, with differing financial institutions) are having the same issue as myself (for me, these issues began with release R36.37, I believe)!
  • 70Mach_One
    70Mach_One Member ✭✭
    wbone....misery loves company I guess! :-( I did some further searching on the web and found some information that I thought was useful for tech support. When Quicken downloads a transaction, it places an ID on the transaction so it knows not to download it again. In my case, transactions are getting tagged with the ID even though they are not being downloaded. If you build a new file, or load a new copy, Quicken ignores the IDs and downloads everything. I have tried this myself. Saved off a copy of my file, stated a new file, then relinked my bank account. All of the transactions download! Then, the next time I connect, the same error happens...I almost always get one or two transactions to appear...although sometimes I get nothing, but the online balance always updates, so I know it is connecting. I demonstrated this to the tech support person as well. She had no idea how to help me further (I only last 2.5 hours on the phone with her). I also found info stating that I should turn off the auto selection to put downloaded transactions into my registers as there are real issues with that part of Quicken. I tried that, but it acts the same way in that only some available transactions appear in the downloaded transactions folder. I am awaiting on the moderators here before I escalate further into Quicken leadership as this subscription model is not working for me currently!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @70Mach_One You can turn on the Downloaded ID field in the register to see the unique Id.

I think you will find that the unique Id is in fact changing, and therefore Quicken doesn't know that it is a duplicate transaction to ignore.  Note that the filtering is done as it goes into the register, not during the actual downloading.

What's more you will probably find that they start with INTUIT-.  This a sign that their aggregator (Intuit) is the one creating the unique Ids, not the financial institution.  Intuit's creation of unique Ids has always had two problems.  The first is that they use some kind of "seed number" that they store in with the transaction data.  If you do Reset or deactivate/reactivate the account for downloading that "seed number" gets recreated and as such all the unique Ids they created are different, and you will get duplicates in Quicken because of this.  The second problem is that if you have two transactions on the same day that are exactly the same, they will generate the same unique Id for both and as such the second (or more) transaction will be ignored.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 70Mach_One
    70Mach_One Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW....thanks your for the tip and I do have that selected! In my case, I have no problem with duplicates. I am missing transactions. Sometimes all of them, most of the time 90% of the available transactions in the bank do not come into the register (which means 10% do, so no connection problems). So my question becomes, "Is there a way to take individual transactions and delete the download ID so that they would come into the register at the next download?" What I am doing right now is printing the available transactions everyday, and manually entering the ones that don't go into the register (and unfortunately, that's the 90%!)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @70Mach_One
    No Quicken doesn't provide a way to delete the unique Ids it saves (it probably should have an option to ignore them, but it doesn't).

One could deactivate the account for downloading and then add another account connected to the same online account.  Since the unique Ids are stored per account that would get anything that is being sent.  You could then move the transactions between the accounts to get them all in one or the other.  Of course, if you are moving them back into the old account you will need to deactivate the new account for downloading and reconnect on the first one and delete the first account.

On the other hand, if the account is setup with Express Web Connect, and you see INTUIT- as the unique Id you can use the bug above that I described to your advantage and simply Reset the account's connection.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 70Mach_One
    70Mach_One Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW...download ID is simply the date with an increasing number based on how many downloads actually happen each time (220204001, 220204002, etc...)
This discussion has been closed.