One Step Update Not Working (Windows) [Edited]

Options

Answers

• nlang1
    nlang1 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. Gets hung up and doesn't download information from Bank of America. Also, doesn't recognize all of my accounts even though I keep re-adding them. Finally need to use Task Manager. If Quicken isn't going to fix it, I am not going to renew my subscription. This function is the main time saver and the reason why I purchased the subscription.
  • petervanderm
    Options
    Same problem here - and I just got charged the annual fee - this isnt worth the price we're paying for this. Been using Quicken since v1
  • SCVol81
    SCVol81 Member ✭✭
    Options
    After not working yesterday, the issue w/OSU seems to have been resolved this morning.
  • S Krishna
    S Krishna Member ✭✭
    Options
    Indeed. OSU now appears to be working.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I notice they haven't updated the announcement to reflect that it is fixed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jmastrogiorgio
    Options
    I see other people are having the issue but the explanations are all over the map. One thread says it's resolved (it isn't). Another says it's Capital One (I have a Cap One account). I have been using Quicken since the 1990's and have never experienced an issue like this. Very frustrating. Can I get some direction here?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Jmastrogiorgio

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, there is currently an open alert regarding long(er) times for One Step Updates. Our teams are currently working diligently on a solution. 

For more information and updates as they become available please visit and bookmark the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7908339/updated-2-11-22-osu-general-sync-error-for-mac-and-cc-501-for-quicken-windows#latest

Hope this provides some clarification. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Jmastrogiorgio
    Options
    Thank you
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Jmastrogiorgio

You are most welcome. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • k.6546
    k.6546 Member ✭✭
    Options
    i started using quicken on Saturday, 2/12. added all my accounts, worked perfectly. Today, not so much. Getting CC-501 errors and, even for those that don't have an error, 0 new transactions are reported (which is not possible). I opened a chat with customer service, then promptly forgot about it and they actually called me (color me impressed). Not impressed with the advice though, which was "wait 24 hours" and if it still doesn't work "wait some more". wut? I'm seeing now that this issue is pretty pervasive--lots of posts, some regarding particular banks. Did this problem just disappear for folks here on 2/12? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • T McKannon
    T McKannon Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Tried latest release (38.30) this morning. Freezing & slow running issues inherent in 38.29 still not resolved. Restored R37.66, 27.1.37.66 to maintain One Step Update functionality, etc., using patch saved to local drive. [Removed - Speculation] Wonder when it will be fixed?
  • The Real Dude
    Options
    how did you restore R37.66, 27.1.37.66. I am not familiar with a roll back process in the app.
  • R1a
    R1a Member
    Options
    What is new here though? OSU has always taken (if you have 10+ bank accounts) a good hour or two to complete. Now it's a bit longer, but not that much longer. It's always been that you start Quicken OSU, then go away for a few hours, come back and then it'll be done. Can't really use your PC in the meanwhile.

Not sure what's so groundbreaking about this. It's been this slow for the last few years. OSU became this slow at the same time Intuit added the 5 second delay after each and every transaction match or entry (each time it saves the file, it freezes for about 5 seconds), which was I think a year or few ago.
  • k.6546
    k.6546 Member ✭✭
    Options
    i started using it for the first time on Saturday. 3 bank accounts and 5 credit cards. > 2,000 transactions downloaded no problem. i tried OSU sunday, monday, today and its a combo of CC-501 errors and completed downloads but with 0 new transactions (not possible). So my issue is not that it takes a long time, it is that it isn't downloading at all.
  • Paul Schubert
    Options
    I have to pile on here too. Ever since the 38.29 update OSU has gotten very slow - it historically has taken a few easy minutes now takes no less than 12 minutes. Very frustrating.
  • k.6546
    k.6546 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Oddly, my issue isn't "slow", it's error CC-501 and also "completed downloads" but with zero transactions. [Removed - Off Topic]
  • RickD972
    RickD972 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Note the "community alert" mentioned in this thread multiple times is for the "mac" version. I have Windows and the recent update 38.30 is NOT resolved as indicated in that community alert. I let mine OSU run for 45 minutes. takes CPU time, but no network i/o. it is just stuck/hung
  • L. Shaddix
    L. Shaddix Member ✭✭
    Options
    One Stop Update locks up before it completes the update. Error says Quicken Windows Not Responding. I deleted the Quicken application files using the clean application, and downloaded the application again. It continues to lock up before completing the One Stop Update.
  • L. Shaddix
    L. Shaddix Member ✭✭
    Options
    I started having the same issues with the One Step Update hanging up before it completes the Update. Is Quicken working this issue"
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Contacted Quicken about the problem 'stalling' during OSU and Cloud Sync before seeing this last response. Each activity was taking over 20 minutes to complete, was accompanied by the Quicken window blacking out and sometimes OSU and Scync would not complete. Further, during these 'stalls' CPU usage would hover around 10 to 12% CPU utilization (up from the normal 0.5% for Quicken). Not sure what this means and only noticed it because of the processor fan roaring for minutes on end.

After going through many steps (including employing old back up from prior to problem), the first tech was convinced that the difficulty centered on my 'back up' programs interfering with Quicken. Despite those programs being in place for years without a problem I went through and shut them down. That encounter was about an hour on the phone and did not result in any detectable difference in the OSU and Sync issues.

The second phone call to Quicken support for the stalling issue was about 2 hours long. Back up was disabled since the first call. Multiple avenues were approached including validating the file, shutting down Synch, and shutting down updates on individual accounts. Notably, during the error check process the report indicated that thee were some problem with transactions were from over 10 years ago and the report indicated that they were from "1900". These transactions were allowed to be 'cleared' by the program. Ultimately, OSU and Sync were relatively improved; OSU now typically takes 5 minutes and Cloud Sync takes another 5 minutes when the program is closing. Both activities are accompanied by periodic blacking out of the Quicken window and a big jump in CPU usage for most of the process.

Quicken has been, for the most part, a great tool for many years. The organization and updating with multiple institutions typically took less than a minute. However, this new norm of 10 minutes or so a day which equates to (60 hours per year) of watching updating circles spin and 'processing' messages blink is unacceptable. Further, such a situation makes me concerned about the accuracy of the updates. If this situation can not be corrected to the prior level function for Quicken then it may be time to let Quicken go.

BTW, I am running Version R38.3, Build 27.1.38.30 on a Windows 11 machine. I am not experiencing any problems with any other program on my machine and updates to Windows and malware programs are checked daily. Willing to follow the Mondo patch suggestion above but it was not suggested at the time by the Quicken techs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • petegkc
    petegkc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem this morning as well. This is not the first time it has happened, either. Been running for almost 10 minutes and the updates are still running.
  • Larry Woodbridge
    Options
    While the community alert says the issue is resolved, it's not. Still having the same problem this morning 2/18 Quicken for Windows.
  • petegkc
    petegkc Member ✭✭
    Options
    It took forever but finally completed
  • sghost67
    sghost67 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had to shut down Quickent twice
  • qkn958
    qkn958 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mine does the same thing.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same here.
  • boyjohn
    boyjohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    same, glad it's not just me
  • GregI5inMD
    Options
    Quicken updated this morning (2/18) and now One Step Update completes one account and hangs all the others for over 10 minutes. Finally gives me multiple CC-501 errors.
  • dajdej
    dajdej Member
    Options
    Same as well...2/18 Quicken Windows. Seems to have started after updating to latest version R38.30?
  • JRQ
    JRQ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still here too and on version R38.30. Investment accounts updated this morning OSU or individual account update attempts for banking and credit card accounts stuck on "waiting" and have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit.
This discussion has been closed.