"Show Allocation Guide" and "Rebalance Portfolio" buttons inoperative

elubat
elubat Member ✭✭✭
Hello

Over the last few days, the "Show Allocation Guide" and "Rebalance Portfolio" buttons on the Allocations page of the Investing tab have stopped working (they are just dead, nothing happens when I click on them). I am running version R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29 on Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @elubat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    Validate and supervalidated.
    No change :(
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest reinstalling Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    I did reinstall, and that solved the problem. Thanks
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    Actually, I take that back. I reinstalled last night and it worked fine. This morning, I reopened my file, and have the same problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked mine again, it isn't working again.  Whatever it is something keeps wiping it out.
    Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    Well, there's your problem. ;)  These buttons still work in R37. This is a new bug in R38.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    Well, there's your problem. ;)  These buttons still work in R37. This is a new bug in R38.
    I like the cutting edge.   ;)

In truth none of this really affects me, I just play with it was a hobby.
    Signature:
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    How does one move back to R37? I'm fighting the problem as well.
  • Rocket J Squirrel

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just running the patch doesn't fix whatever got broken.

It seems to take reinstalling Quicken with network disabled, and then the patch installed.
    And the turn on network again and making sure that User Account Control settings are set to block the automatic patch install.
    Signature:
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW - Can you provide steps on how to ensure User Account Control settings are set to block the automatic patch install? Thank you!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    VP9885 said:
    @Chris_QPW - Can you provide steps on how to ensure User Account Control settings are set to block the automatic patch install? Thank you!
    See this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20227225#Comment_20227225
    Signature:
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Unfortunately, the steps noted above didn't resolve the issue for me. I downloaded the 37.67 patch, uninstalled and reinstalled a clean version of Quicken while not connected to the internet, and switched the UAC to not allow automatic updates. Currently it says I have version R37.67, Build 27.1.37.67. But the issue still persists. :/
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same problem. No solution in sight. I use it occasionally, but would never recommend this buggy software.
  • Brandon10
    Brandon10 Member ✭✭
    I am noticing the same issue in version R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30 on Windows 10. I use this feature quite regularly, and I think it stopped working within the past week for me. I'm not sure if that coincided with an update or not.
  • jbourg
    jbourg Member ✭✭
    Still experiencing the same issue with Rebalance Portfolio. Any new news on this issue? Thanks.
  • elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    I am still experiencing it too
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    No idea what is causing this one BUT I have 38.30 and it is working fine for me in all my files?
  • VP9885
    VP9885 Member ✭✭
    Still experiencing the same issue as well. @Quicken Anja - Can you please advise if Quicken support is tracking this issue and actively working on a fix?
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

This issue has been escalated and is being worked on. A fix is expected to be made available with the next update release in version R39.

We apologize for any inconvenience experienced in the meantime and appreciate your patience!
    Thank you.
    (QWIN-20364/CTP-3446)

-Quicken Anja

• GDS
    GDS Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - Thanks for escalating! I have several related (??) issues:
    1. The Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide tabs do nothing
    2. The Lifetime Planner (Your Retirement) gives a 'Web page cannot load' error
    3. Am unable to add a line item to the 'Tax Items' section once a Paycheck has been set up.

Please escalate these issues as well.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @GDS,

Thank you for pointing these issues out to me!

The first 2 issues that you mentioned have both been escalated under the same ticket numbers as the issue discussed in this thread (QWIN-20364/CTP-3446) and are also expected to be resolved in version release R39.

The last issue you mentioned (Tax Item) has also been escalated, just under a different ticket number (CTP-3480). However, we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available for this issue yet.

I hope this helps! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• GDS
    GDS Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - Thank you for responding. Glad to hear that these issues have been escalated!
  • Quicken Anja
    @GDS You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

• Rocket J Squirrel

The first 2 issues that you mentioned have both been escalated under the same ticket numbers as the issue discussed in this thread (QWIN-20364/CTP-3446) and are also expected to be resolved in version release R39.
    Both are still broken in R39.17.

• Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022
    Hello @Rocket J Squirrel,

Thank you for checking and letting me know about this.

I went ahead and alerted the proper channels of this, and it is now being looked into further.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• GDS
    GDS Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja
    FYI: Upgraded to version R39.17. The issues below are not fixed yet
    1. The Rebalance Portfolio, Show Allocation Guide tabs do nothing
    2. The Lifetime Planner (Your Retirement) gives a 'Web page cannot load' error
    3. Am unable to add a line item to the 'Tax Items' section once a Paycheck has been set up.
    Thanks!!
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Quicken Anja
    Just for info, Rebalance and Show allocation works fine for me in 39.17 and worked in 38.30 in both my files. Something to specific files happening.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2022
    @GDS
    Thank you, I have alerted the proper channels of this, and our teams are now looking into this further as the fix for the first 2 issues you mentioned were expected to be released with R39. That ticket will be reopened/re-escalated.

The issue with Add tax line, however, is a separate ticket and does still show that it is open and being worked on.

Apologies for the inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.