Sync with Quicken Cloud still seems to occur after I have disabled it.

wrb
wrb Member ✭✭
I have disabled sync'ing with Quicken Cloud (Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> Sync is off), but when I restore a Quicken Backup or open a new Quicken File, a pop-up appears that says it is Syncing with Quicken Cloud. What is going on?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wrb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Each data file has a separate cloud account. Therefore, turning off Cloud Sync in one data file will not turn off Cloud Sync in other data files whether they were set up as a new data file or restored from a backup. If you wish for Cloud Sync to be turned off in all your data files, you will need to manually turn it off for each backup you restore and each data file you create.

I hope this clarifies things for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken will sync some data with the cloud account associated with the Quicken file even when we have never enabled Sync or selected accounts to be synchronized.
  • wrb
    wrb Member ✭✭
    I do not want any data to be synchronized with the Quicken Cloud. How do I do that?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    wrb said:
    I do not want any data to be synchronized with the Quicken Cloud. How do I do that?
    If you do not want any data to be synchronized with the Quicken Cloud, I suggest you revert to using Quicken 2016 or earlier.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    wrb said:
    If you do not want any data to be synchronized with the Quicken Cloud, I suggest you revert to using Quicken 2016 or earlier.
    I think you meant Quicken 2017 or earlier, but even that isn’t really the case.

Quicken 2017 and below aren’t “subscription”, but they certainly are still connected to a Quicken cloud dataset.  The difference is only in how much data is stored in the Quicken cloud dataset.

To be completely free of the Quicken cloud dataset you would have to be using a version of Quicken that didn’t have a Quicken Id.  The last version of Quicken like that was Quicken 2013.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Chris_QPW said:
    Sherlock said:
    wrb said:
    I think you meant Quicken 2017 or earlier, but even that isn’t really the case.

Quicken 2017 and below aren’t “subscription”, but they certainly are still connected to a Quicken cloud dataset.  The difference is only in how much data is stored in the Quicken cloud dataset.

To be completely free of the Quicken cloud dataset you would have to be using a version of Quicken that didn’t have a Quicken Id.  The last version of Quicken like that was Quicken 2013.
    I meant Quicken 2016.  My recollection is Quicken actually started synching data to the Quicken Cloud in Quicken 2017 even with Sync disabled and with no accounts selected.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.  Maybe, not how I remember it, but I could be wrong.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    I don’t see anything in that suggests that Quicken 2016 below are any different than Quicken 2017 as far as what it will sync with Sync to Mobile/Web is off.
    Signature:
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    It's pretty damned hard for Q2017 to sync to the cloud if the network adapter is disabled. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.