Vanguard connect issue - FL_WEBSITE_UNAVIABLE:FDP-105:URL

Jim Sepe
Jim Sepe Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Since the end of January any time I try to connect to my Vanguard account I receive a Download Error (-28) with the message "Service is temporarily unavailable". It have been going on all month so I wonder if it is an issue with Quicken vs. the Vanguard site really being unavailable. I tried reconnecting but same error hen I try to reconnect the account through the wizard.

Comments

• Hi @Jim Sepe,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

I recommend trying this:

Quicken Connect accounts:

1. Click the Add Account button (the plus sign above the Accounts panel) and select the type of account you wish to add.
    2. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    3. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

Error -28 -29 and -32 in Quicken for Mac

1. Click Continue.

Direct Connect accounts:

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the left side of Quicken, to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. In the next screen, select the Downloads tab.
    4. Click Disconnect Account.
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 for all accounts with the same financial institution.
    6. Click the Settings gear again, then select Connect Account.
    7. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard (select Direct Connect when presented with the list of connection types).
    8. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    9. Click Continue.

Direct Connect users: If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact your financial institution for further assistance. 

I have also included the link to the support article which discusses these steps:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-28-29-and-32-quicken-mac

Let us know how it goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jim Sepe
    Jim Sepe Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I disconnected and "re-linked" my Vanguard accounts to the appropriate accounts in Quicken. However I see that Vanguard only supports simple tracking and I am not sure that is true. Up until 1/15 I see detailed transaction.
  • Hi @Jim Sepe,

Thank you for your response!

I hope the disconnecting and re-adding helped with the issue! As for the simple v.s detailed transactions. You can change these back to detailed by going to the Account dashboard tab > Gear icon > Investment tracking method. 
    I have included a screenshot showing where you can locate this and what it entails:

I hope you find this of use. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jim Sepe
    Jim Sepe Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried that how ever I get this pop-up.
  • Jim Sepe
    Jim Sepe Member ✭✭✭
    I should have search harder in the Quicken Forum. This solved my issue.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905024/vanguard-no-longer-provides-detailed-tracking
  • Hi @Jim Sepe,

Thank you for your response. I apologize for I was mistaken and Vanguard doesn't provide detailed tracking anymore. 

However, I am glad to hear that you were able to find a solution within that thread! 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.