Can I merge two different accounts in quicken windows?

I’ve tried to simply copy all transaction and move to new account but system will ask If I want to move a reconciled transaction and ask for an ok on each one. This account has almost 17000 transactions. Is there a way to avoid that

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kdnsports,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize for any trouble you have experienced.

Unfortunately, there is no option to eliminate the message you described receiving. However, to speed up the process, have you tried seeing if it will allow you to press and hold enter on your keyboard which should prompt the "OK" each message requires?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The two recommended ways to avoid the bug (and yes, I consider it a bug to prompt on every transaction move when you are moving more than one.) is to either use copy, which doesn't prompt, or before moving the transactions set the cleared status of the transactions to something other than reconciled, and then change it back afterwards.  Here are the instructions for the copy method.

Note if you are still in the middle of the move operation and holding Enter for isn't viable because there are too many transactions, you will have to kill Quicken using Windows task manager.  If you do that, I recommend restoring from a backup or a copy of your data file.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.