does enabling quicken for cloud allow my personal data to be uploaded to quicken servers?

Options
mikestone
mikestone Member ✭✭
im migrating for fierst time from windows to mac. i have always used the online feature to download my 3rd party accounts data to my quicken...but i did NOT use web version or mobile app and do not want to...

but now quicken is asking me if I want to use cloud? does this mean quicken wants to takek all my personal financial data and upload it to their servers?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think that the answer is much more complicated than what the "standard line" states.
    And this is true of the Windows version too.

Are any of your accounts setup for Quicken Connect (what would have been called Express Web Connect in the Windows version)?

If so, definitely some of (but most likely not all) your transactions are certainly on the Quicken server.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you do not intend to use the mobile app or the web interface, I strongly suggest you do NOT enable Sync in Quicken Mac. Many people report problems because the sync between your data on Quicken's Cloud servers and your local desktop can get out of sync. Just leave the Sync feature OFF (in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts). This does not restrict your ability to connect to your financial institutions to download your transactions. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mikestone

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. 

Enabling the Quicken Cloud does not give Quicken access to take and upload your personal data. This only allows you to be able to access your data file on different devices. 

I hope this helps. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think that the answer is much more complicated than what the "standard line" states.
    And this is true of the Windows version too.

Are any of your accounts setup for Quicken Connect (what would have been called Express Web Connect in the Windows version)?

If so, definitely some of (but most likely not all) your transactions are certainly on the Quicken server.
    Signature:
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you do not intend to use the mobile app or the web interface, I strongly suggest you do NOT enable Sync in Quicken Mac. Many people report problems because the sync between your data on Quicken's Cloud servers and your local desktop can get out of sync. Just leave the Sync feature OFF (in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts). This does not restrict your ability to connect to your financial institutions to download your transactions. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see that you have posted several threads that in fact are all the same question, and what's more I misunderstood where you are in the process.

My response here is what is true after you have converted your data and you are using Quicken Mac.  It isn't about the conversion of your data file from Windows to Mac.

These are two completely different subjects.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.