Where is my running balance column next to each transaction?

Options
Malke
Malke Member
On the update I lost my running balance column next to each transaction. How do I get it back?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Malke,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could please open your register and click "Columns" on the bottom-right, then see if the checkbox for "Balance" is checked? If not, please check the box and see if the running balance will reappear in the register.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, in the Column headers at the top of your account register ... which column has the checkmark in it?
    A "running balance" only makes sense when the account is sorted in DATE order (the checkmark is in the date column).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Malke
    Malke Member
    Options
    That is the first place I looked. I do not have the option to check "Balance" as it is not in the list.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Malke It sounds like you have clicked on an account group — Cash, Credit Card, Banking, All Transactions, etc. — rather than a single account in the left sidebar. There is no balance when the register is showing a combination of accounts. (And this part may not be intuitive: even if you have only one account in the group — such as one checking account under Cash, or one savings account under Savings — the group heading won't display the Balance column because group registers just don't have the Balance column.)  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Malke
    Malke Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you! You were absolutely correct. I didn’t realize that my checking account is under the group “Cash”. I am whole again.
This discussion has been closed.