Need more Investment Reports in Q Mac

Options
DJU
DJU Member
edited October 2023 in Investments
Upgrade Quicken for Mac subscription to include all investment reports that were available to Quicken for Mac users way back in 2007! Shameful that after 15 years(!) Quicken will not give Mac users this function that they previously had, and that are and have always been available to Windows users. What's the problem???
43 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 10/21/23 - CBT-193

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    Options
    There are three existing Idea posts which seek investment reports in Quicken Mac. Rather than adding to this new thread, it is helpful to add votes (and comments — but especially votes ;) ) to these existing thread: here and here and here
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • r6fs
    r6fs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I really would like to run buy a MAC desktop and quicken for MAC, but will not. This is because Q Mac doesn't have the same INVESTMENT reports as Q Windows. It should NOT be rocket science to have the same investment reports in MAC that we have in Windows. AS ARESULT YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON sales,
  • jacobs
    Options
    @r6fs Well, I'd note that if you use Quicken Windows and would like to switch to Quicken Mac, that won't result in them getting any new sales. ;)

As for investment reporting, many key investment reports can be generated via the various filters and columns in the Portfolio view. They can be printed or exported. What can't be done yet is saving each such custom report for re-use. So each time you want an investment report in Quicken Mac, you have to tweak the filters for the report you want. That's an annoyance, to be sure, but it doesn't prevent getting reports many users need.

Please make sure you click on the links in my post two above this one to add your votes for improved investment reports in Quicken Mac!
  • David Linkin
    David Linkin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Specifically want the "Investing Activity" report that is part of the windows version. I cannot figure out how to modify a report to create this report in Mac.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @“David Linkin” For those of us longtime Mac users who have never used Quicken Windows, can you describe what’s shown in the “Investing Activity” report? Thanks.
  • roses26
    roses26 Member ✭✭
    Options

The links for adding new ideas do not work. QUICKEN seems to be suppressing anyone requesting improvements in the product. GRAB the money and run.

• jacobs
    Options

The links for adding new ideas do not work. QUICKEN seems to be suppressing anyone requesting improvements in the product. GRAB the money and run.

@roses26 I'm not seeing that. What are you doing to create a new Idea? Are you going to :

https://community.quicken.com/post/idea/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac

GRAB the money and run.

I'm not seeing that either. Look at the product improvements over the past few years, and it's hard to argue the developers aren't making progress. Now, they may not have done anything about your top priorities, or mine — but they clearly are working on adding feature we users have been requesting.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bfs
    bfs Member ✭✭
    Options

I would like to run a report filtered on various securities. Is this one of the options that is under consideration? I want to be able to look at funds that are being reinvested and the funds that are not being reinvested. I would also like a balance on cash and money market funds. Not the case held by a fund for the fund to use which is what is shown in the Asset Allocation in the Dashboard.