Quicken Update fails

Options
wsnell
wsnell Member
Quicken tells me there are updates available, downloads the updates and then tells me that the update failed. Details are: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\lnet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w646\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would suggest pausing your anti-virus while updating Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wsnell said:
    Quicken tells me there are updates available, downloads the updates and then tells me that the update failed. Details are: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\lnet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w646\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.
    Hi @wsnell ,

Possibility, might be that Quicken has already downloaded the patch to be installed. Click Help, then at the bottom, click Download Latest Version.

Restart the computer before trying again.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Quicken upgrade may have failed because the anti virus software interfered with the process.  I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken 

In the future, I suggest you disable the anti virus software before attempting to upgrade Quicken. 

To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

• Lisa S
    Lisa S Member ✭✭
    Options
    Getting the same error: "The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w2620\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process." I tried deleting the existing files so it would reinstall them and still got the same error. Soooo many problems with Quicken! Because of the problems purchasing a license in the Quicken site, now I don't have a backup CD (phone support couldn't get me one of those!). It is all a pain in the rear.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Lisa S  Please read, and reply to the matters posted in the replies above yours.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.