Investment Transaction - manual entry Problem

Chiplynne
Chiplynne Member
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Entering Interest or dividends on the Inc - Income (Div, Int, Etc) panel does not transfer money to cash account. Was OK March 1st

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Chiplynne,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Do you have your account set up to download online or are you solely manually entering transactions? You stated that this worked "ok" on March 1st, is this the first time you have tried since then and noticed the error? What occurs when you create the transfer transaction? If you could upload any screenshots with your answer, that would be most helpful. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're manually entering transactions using the "Inc - Income (Div, Int, etc.)" action, is the "cash account" you mention actually listed out in the "Transfer account" box?  If it isn't, the cash just ends up in the same Account in which you're recording the transaction.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or is the "cash account" what Quicken calls a Linked checking account - A checking account that automatically receives any cash that is in your investing account?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chiplynne
    Chiplynne Member
    I am manually entering data on the investment transaction screen. I have a cash account set up and is on the screen. Usually, when hit enter it will post in the transaction file with the amount showing in the Description field. Now the amount remains out to the far right (no column heading) and it does not post to the transfer account. I will have to set up a dummy file to get screen prints without data. (if I can figure out how to just get the panel)
  • Chiplynne
    Chiplynne Member
    Also, If I used "Return of Capital " panel. it works just fine.
  • Chiplynne
    Chiplynne Member
    Print of transaction
  • Chiplynne
    Chiplynne Member
    Resulting transaction in Investment
This discussion has been closed.