Trouble setting up 2nd Fidelity 401k account

mtbpaula
mtbpaula Member
edited April 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I have a 401k account through fidelity and downloads transactions just fine. However in trying to set up a second 401k account, it won't direct connect to download transactions, nor will it allow me to enter transactions manually. everything is greyed out. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @mtbpaula,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is the financial institution that you are trying to connect with? 

f you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error that you described? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mtbpaula
    mtbpaula Member
    Thanks Jasmine, its Fidelity
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are both of these Fidelity accounts using the Fidelity Net Benefits Quicken entry ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, by any chance, is the 2nd 401k account for a spouse who works for the same employer?  Otherwise, why would there be 2 ACCOUNTS rather that just 1 Fidelity account with multiple investments?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mtbpaula
    mtbpaula Member
    Both 401k accounts are mine, started a new job. One was set up years ago and works fine. I also recently added a fidelity hsa account which also works fine. When I link the new account it get created but won’t bring over transactions or let me enter any
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk to Fidelity and see if they can combine the old account into the new.  Then it should work properly.  Write back if there are further issues.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mtbpaula
    mtbpaula Member
    Thanks but I don’t want it combined. I am trying to track two accounts. I don’t understand why it’s not allowing transactions, they are completely separate accounts
This discussion has been closed.