T. Rowe Price and Unidentified Security

The Merg
The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have two accounts at T. Rowe Price for mutual funds. One account has 10 securities in it and the other has 4 securities in it. The one with 4 securities is downloading just fine. I am having a huge issue with the other account.

Two of the funds appear to be downloading correctly. One fund downloads with the wrong fund name (and symbol) and the other 7 all download as "Unidentified Security". I have contacted T. Rowe Price and they tell me that the information I am downloading is correct and the issue is on Quicken's end. I contacted Quicken and they told me the issue is on T. Rowe Price's side.

Quicken's resolution was to try a workaround that talks about removing the ticker symbol, but that workaround did not work. Their other workaround was to rename the "Unidentified Security" and then "Memorize investment transaction".

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there anything that I can look for in the log files that can point me to where this issue is coming from?

Thanks,
Merg

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @The Merg

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mutual funds. I was taking a look at previous posts to see if I was able to find someone with a similar issue and did see an article about unidentified securities. I'd recommend taking a look to see if it might help with the issue you're having.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7795439/unidentified-security-problem-solution

Once you get the chance let us know if this helps you out if not we'll see what we can attempt next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    I figured I'd follow back up on this. I am still have this issue and none of the items in the above linked were able to resolve my issue. Both Quicken and T. Rowe Price keeping pointing the finger at each other. 

I have even created a brand new Quicken file and added only the T. Rowe Price account to the file. When it does the download, the small account downloads with all of its funds correctly, but the other account still downloads incorrectly with most of the entries listed as "Unidentified Security".

Thanks,
    Merg
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @The Merg,

Thank you for following up with us, though I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. 

Due to this instance also occurring in the test file. We recommend reaching out to T. Rowe Price for further assistance as that means this is occurring with the information that they are sending to Quicken. They may be able to provide further information, and I am certain that they are eager to receive feedback from customers. Keep in mind that it may be necessary to request to speak with a Tier 2 representative or an escalations agent, as they are likely to have a greater degree of familiarity with third-party software and its interactions with their online banking services.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 
    Enjoy your Sunday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type(s) of accounts are these? TRP 401(k) accounts in Quicken can hold multiple securities, but I believe TRP taxable accounts must be set up as "Single Mutual Fund" accounts, with a different Quicken account for each fund.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    The account with the issues is a 457 account. It was working fine up through around the end of June of 2021 and since then I've had this issue. When I use a new data file and select to download from TRP, it keeps it as one account.

- Merg
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, I spoke with someone at Quicken Support to try to get some more information regarding this issue.

After analyzing the OFX Log, it appears that T. Rowe Price is not providing the correct CUSIP IDs.

For example, this is part of my log...

<SECID><UNIQUEID>BV<UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP</SECID>

The "BV" is not correct for which fund this transaction is related. It looks like I need to get ahold of T. Rowe Price and figure out why these identifiers are incorrect for this one account there. Since the fund is downloading with the incorrect identifier, Quicken determines it is an Unidentified Security.

- Merg
This discussion has been closed.