How do I get the account status window to show the number of transactions downloaded (Q Mac)

Patti
Patti Member ✭✭
The account status window does not show the number of transactions downloaded for accounts that use “direct connect” like it used to. One account that uses “Quicken connect” to download still shows the number of transactions downloaded. I am using Quicken Deluxe version 6.6.2. My operating system is macOS 12.3.1. I have re-installed the program and that did not help. Thank you

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I don't see any difference for Direct Connect accounts-it is still showing the # transactions downloaded:

Make sure you don't have the "Show errors only" option selected as this won't show the account if it updates successfully. 
  • Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    All of my accounts say 0 new transactions downloaded no matter how many were actually downloaded. That's what I'm trying to figure out.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been experiencing the problem described by the OP. It is intermittent - most of the time the summary incorrectly reports 0 transactions downloaded when in fact there are downloads. Occasionally it gets it right.
    Have not been able to find a pattern.

Have 6 accounts down loading and all are DC.     
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Patti

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

When you perform an update, do any transactions actually download?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error that you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jasmine for replying but I do not receive any errors. It's just that with the direct connect accounts, the account status window say 0 new transactions downloaded when in fact several transactions were downloaded.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I have  mixed results depending on the Financial Institution. The number downloaded is correct for Fidelity Investments. However, for my Chase and Citi credit cards and for Salem Five Bank, it shows zero even though there were some transactions downloaded.

That said, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as there are no errors shown in the Download Status window, I can tell if there are new transactions by the blue dot in the sidebar. If I want to see just the last downloaded transactions in an account, I can invoke the Status:Last Downloaded filter. Therefore, I don't even pay any attention to the number in the Download Status window.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    Thanks RickO. I guess it's all about what you're used to. I'm used to looking at that number--it's quick and easy. I don't get mixed results. If the Financial Institution is using "direct connect", there's always a 0 new transactions downloaded. I have 1 account that uses Quicken connect and it always shows the number of transactions downloaded.

I guess in the great scheme of things, this isn't that important. But it should work.
  • RickO
    Patti said:
    I guess in the great scheme of things, this isn't that important. But it should work.
    I do agree that it should work. My guess (and just a guess) is that the bank is supposed to transmit the number of transactions and Quicken uses this field (rather than count the actual number received) to populate the number in the status window. Fidelity sends the correct number, while some banks don't fill the field and so it is read as zero. Again, just a guess. With Direct Connect, Quicken is getting its info straight from the bank's servers and does little processing on it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    QWin, which I use, and QMac are quite different products ... but I'm not seeing this issue in QWin.
    I download 6 days a week from:
    • Fidelity Investments
    • Chase
    • US Bank - PFM Direct Connect
    • Guitar Center Credit Card (as a proxy for Synchrony bank cards)
    Guitar Center is via Express Web Connect.  The others are Direct Connect.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Patti

Thank you for your response. 

I suggest creating a test file and adding the accounts that are not downloading transactions to see if the same error occurs. You can create a test file by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• RickO
    edited April 2022
    Jasmine: the accounts are downloading the transactions. The problem is only that the status window does not report the number that were downloaded. 

• Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    That worked. The account status window showed the correct number of transactions that were downloaded.

So, what does that mean? Thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Patti,

Thank you for your response and for attempting the test file. 

Due to the account status showing the correct number of downloaded transactions in the test file, I recommend restoring from a backup that was created before this error began to occur.

You may follow this link here for a Support Article that discusses saving and restoring from backups. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Patti
    Patti Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jasmine, for your help.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Patti

You are very welcome. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.