American Express - OL-293/294 Errors (QWIN) [Edited]

Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
I tried a reset, it says, "Quicken was unable to complete the reset". I verified that there were no anomalies in logging into my account on the web. Here is the error message when I attempt to download transactions. It would be helpful if Quicken explained what unexpected information was received, it may help to solve the problem!

Also - my Mom has an Amex card and Quicken, she gets the same error on her account and her data file. So I created a test new Quicken file with nothing in it - and I attempted to add my Amex account to it. That also errored out, but with a different error (the second image).

So it seems to me, nothing is working for American Express right now!

Best Answers

Answers

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    As of this morning, once again getting an OL-293 error when trying to update American Express. Appreciate feedback. Thank you.
  • JoshD
    JoshD Member ✭✭
    I'm receiving the same error.
  • I'm receiving the same error.
  • Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. It happens. Best to wait a day and see if it clears up.
  • KenStewart
    KenStewart Member
    Same here
  • mdw1836
    mdw1836 Member ✭✭
    Trouble with downloading American Express today 4/6/2022
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we ask that you please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-293/294.

However, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I sent my logs in.
  • Jim23
    Jim23 Member ✭✭
    Amex downloading transactions not working for me for the last several days now. No fix that I can find.
  • echastain140
    echastain140 Member ✭✭
    Same issue - any updates?
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    same problem
  • dtrefren
    dtrefren Member ✭✭
    same problem
  • Geri Price
    Geri Price Member ✭✭
    Same problem with Amex here
  • George Tranum
    George Tranum Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue with American Express
  • todwatts
    todwatts Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I'm having the same problem ... please don't refer me to the link that Quicken link. Obviously something has [messed] up between Quicken and American Express.

[Edited - Language]
  • M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Attempted reset with no success. Then deactivated and now cannot reestablish downloads. Getting error 293-A.
  • Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    Same here...did the "report a problem" no luck with the reset.
  • snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue with American Express
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto

• Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    Same Issue. Error 293-A
  • Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    I followed the support article regarding error OL-293/294. No luck. I will upload a problem report.
  • Richard Seiler
    Richard Seiler Member ✭✭✭
    Another user here with OL-293-A error with American Express.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Don't panic. The problem is on the AmEx side. Look in your CONNLOG.TXT and you will probably see this.
    20220406 08:55:42: QFN: Beginning send to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/ofxdl/desktop/desktopDownload.do?request_type=nl_ofxdownload
    20220406 08:56:12: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305972
    20220406 08:56:12: We’re sorry, the server is experiencing an internal error. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20220406 08:56:12: QFN: End send to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/ofxdl/desktop/desktopDownload.do?request_type=nl_ofxdownload, netstatus 30

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello again, 

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue and to those for submitting log files to aid the investigation.

We have escalated this internally and are working with American Express towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Liz Renninger
    Liz Renninger Member ✭✭✭
    same error message. I checked to see if Amex apps and website are working and they are.
  • lpa
    lpa Windows Beta Beta
    Doing a One Step Update to American Express results in an uncategorized failure with no error code.
  • snearman_22
    snearman_22 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem
  • vaysberg
    vaysberg Member ✭✭
    I'm getting OL-293-A Error with American Express Qucken Windows.
  • Scott Mustian
    Scott Mustian Member ✭✭
    Same here
This discussion has been closed.