Empty reminders - 100s of them - how to delete?

I have 100s of empty transactions in my checking account which appear to be reminders with no information. There seems to be no way to remove them other than to manually delete each one, one by one. This will take forever

I have tried super-validate already - no difference.

No idea when this happened, but I end up getting Quicken cannot display more than 1500 reminders.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @adrianyip,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file that was saved prior to the start of this issue to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• adrianyip
    adrianyip Member ✭✭
    No I don't have a backup recently that was before the issue that I could go back to. The reminder transactions go back 2 years and there seem to be 4-5 per day.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

The backup to restore would not need to be from before the reminders, just from before you would have first noticed them.

However, could you also please provide a screenshot of these reminders? If needed, please review this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• adrianyip
    adrianyip Member ✭✭
    Attached is an image of some of the empty transactions. Right click and it shows as a reminder and you can select delete all instances. Only one is deleted.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the screenshot.

Could please try holding CTRL on your keyboard to select multiple of these reminders at the same time, and see if it will allow you to delete them at the same time?

Check back and let us know the outcome! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• adrianyip
    adrianyip Member ✭✭
    Multi-select seems to work via CTRL (transactions change color) but the gear icon does not do anything when clicked. Right mouse button does not open any actions either
  • Quicken Anja
    adrianyip said:
    the gear icon does not do anything when clicked. 
    Are you still holding CTRL while attempting to click the Gear icon? If so, after you have selected multiple transactions, you can let go of CTRL, then try clicking the Gear icon and see if it will let you delete them.

Let me know if that works!

-Quicken Anja

• adrianyip
    adrianyip Member ✭✭
    I am not holding the CTRL key while attempting to click the Gear icon. The gear icon is there but clicking on it does nothing. Right click does nothing either. No pull-down appears like it would if you selected a single item and press gear icon or right down.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @adrianyip Try clicking on that Payee column header.  That should sort all of the blank payees together.  Then, click on the 1st in your account register and holding down the Shift key while you click on the last blank payee. That should select all of them. Then RIGHT click within the selection and click DELETE.
    When that's done, you can click on the DATE column header to return to your prior sort order

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• adrianyip
    adrianyip Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Nothing happens when I do a RIGHT click within the selection after making multiple selections with either the Shift or CTRL selection. RIGHT click does work with a single selection as well the Gear icon does.

Version of Quicken Premier is attached.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your Preferences, it should be set to Windows standard. I just tried and was able to get the right-click menu (Delete) with this setting.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My setting, per the above, is for "Quicken Standard" and I gave my instructions from that perspective.
    BUT, instead of that Right Click (which works in most accounts, but not others) try just CTRL-D (Control and Delete).  Just now, the Right Click worked in a regular checking account and a credit card, but not in the "Linked Checking account" from my brokerage account nor in the brokerage account itself.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• adrianyip
    adrianyip Member ✭✭
    Tried with Windows standard and Quicken standard setup also tried CTRL-D, CTRL-X, nothing happens with a single selection nor with multi-select

With a single selection, right click or clicking on gear does work bring up edit or delete reminder menu as shown below.

None of the shortcut keys do anything as far as I can tell.

Once multiple of these empty reminders are selected nothing can be invoked.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @adrianyip
    I believe all the advice has been related to deleting multiple transactions, but you are asking about deleting reminders. I don't believe there is any way to mass delete reminders. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.