Dark Mode for Quicken Mobile

Options
kelleycm
kelleycm Mac Beta Beta
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
I'm not really understanding why the mobile and web apps don't have really any settings, least of all the ability the enable a dark mode. According to a recent study, 81.9% of people use dark mode on their phones.
16 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review on 2/17/24 - CBT-274

Comments

• Supermann
    Supermann Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options
    we need dark mode for both windows and mobile version. How come Mac beat us to it?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supermann said:
    we need dark mode for both windows and mobile version. How come Mac beat us to it?
    Because Quicken Mac was rewritten (actually a couple of times) and as such is basically coded in one main API.  Whereas Quicken Windows is a mix of years of different APIs and those APIs were never designed to switch colors easily.  Bottom line is it is an extremely hard thing to do in Quicken Windows.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • richieb
    richieb Member
    Options
    Dark Mode **Please** - what else can we ask? Original Quicken user from 5 1/4 inch floppy disks. **JUST DO IT**
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my opinion there isn't really any excuse for them not having dark mode on Quicken Mobile.  By definition it is one of the newer APIs that make supporting it a lot easier.  (My above comment was about Quicken Windows which is a completely different story).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Myron
    Myron Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mac is so much easier to use in dark mode. I want to use Windows. Help!
  • ddochter
    ddochter Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree that Quicken needs a dark mode capability. Also, the ability to change font sizes (other than the register).

Quicken is functionally fine but starting to look a little dated.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I would really love dark mode on the mobile app. I use it all the time, often late at night and the Quicken mobile app is blinding white compared to everything else when my phone is in dark mode. 
  • RBLeggett12
    RBLeggett12 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Dark mode for desktop and mobile are standard capabilities for modern applications and by "modern" I mean the last 10 years. Time for Quicken to catch-up.

• Toddlar
    Toddlar Member
    Options

Yes, it is ridiculous now to not offer dark colors as an option.

Big win IF the Quicken folks cared about updates users are ASKING for and not just pushing features they think we want or a new report I will never use or could build myself.

Any new software using only white backgrounds with not so much as an option to choose differently is like using windows 3.1 post 2010. You let us change colors of stupid things like grid lines or graphs. STEP UP!

• Toddlar
    Toddlar Member
    Options

yes!!!! font sizes too. The "large" mode is basic and text doesn't fit in many registers. You are basically leaving out anyone who would benefit from accessibility functions. And those of us who have been using quicken since the beginning w/ Intuit in windows 3.1 will all be seniors soon needing this. So don't let down who got you herre quicken.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.