Caliber Home Loans

GWIII
GWIII Member ✭✭
After getting a series of errors in one step update for Caliber home Loans, I deactivated the account. When tried to reactivate it, it doesn't even ave a tab for online services. Whassup???

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @GWIII,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Caliber Home Loans account(s).

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. What Connection Method do you have set up with Caliber Home Loans? You can see this by navigating to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services. Did you receive any error codes or messages when adding your Caliber Home Loans account(s)? 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error you described? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2cents' worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here which should be treated like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• GWIII
    GWIII Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Jasmine, I've attached two screen shots. One shows the version and the other the lack of the tab for online access. I can't tell you if its Web connect or Direct connect because there's no option to even set it up

[Screenshots edited for Privacy]

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @GWIII,

Thank you for uploading those screenshots, it is much appreciated. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Caliber Home Loans account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• GWIII
    GWIII Member ✭✭
    Tried to add account.
  • GWIII
    GWIII Member ✭✭
    And thanks for the edits 😎
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @GWIII,

Thank you for attempting the test file and updating me with the results. 

Due to you receiving a different error in the test file, I recommend contacting Quicken Support for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and do things such as screen share if need be. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    In the graphic, the OP is showing a CC-502 error code.
    Here's the instruction s for dealing  with that: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• GWIII
    GWIII Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, thatnks for the try.....
This discussion has been closed.